Exporting Es 330 To Europe

Ossie

I am a UK citizen living in Florida, I own an LS400 in England and I am thinking of buying a USA ES300 and shipping it to the UK. Any tips please

I'd just suggest that you check it out very carefully. First, you're going to pay a bunch of taxes when you import it - so the price difference won't be as large as it seems. You might also find that you don't get as much gain on the exchange rate as you'd expect. Finally, if you buy a car here with a warranty, you probably won't have any warranty coverage in the UK.

My guess would be that once you factor all those things in that you won't save all that much money. I could be wrong, though.

maybe you should rent a mail truck to drive around here for a while. Get used to driving a right hand drive car on right hand ride roads. When you get to the UK the ES will be left hand drive on left hand ride roads. If it were me, I would crack up 10 minutes out of my driveway. :wacko:

I don't think it is worth it. Buy a new vehicle when you get back over there.

steviej

Stevie- They don't have the ES in the UK ;)

I know they don't. You misread my responce to his post.

Let me simplify. If he exports a US market ES from here to the UK, then he will be introducing a left hand drive car to a left side ride society. This will be extremely awkward to operate.

steviej

I've only spent about a total of two weeks driving in the U.K. but I call tell you from these experiences that there are many left hand drive cars on the road there - including lots of visitors from Europe - and a surprising number of left hand drive American "muscle cars" like Mustangs.

I've always thought that the main problem with driving an "opposite drive car" was in passing on two lane roads. I drove a friend's RHD Jag XKE 3.8 a few times in the 60's (in Missouri) and it was difficult trying to peek around the vehicle ahead of me to see if it was clear to pass.