'01 Es Traction Control Light Is On

tires are 215 45 17. It's actually my neighbors car. he asked "could rim and tire replacement cause the traction control light to stay on all the time?"

I never heard of that issue before.

he said it happened right after he upgraded the rims. someone mentioned that he should have put 215 35 17's on. does that make sense?

there was some guy on this forum who put 19's and he never mentioned an issue with the idiot lights.

could the guys that installed the set of rims, somehow manage to damage a sensor by accident?

could the guys that installed the set of rims, somehow manage to damage a sensor by accident?

I would bet on it. Instruct him to bring it back immediately to that shop so he can document that the shop was notified. They should at least check out the sensor. They may have cracked the sensor ring.

Putting on a properly sized larger wheel should not throw off the sensor if it is working. It didn't on my car either.

steviej

I would bet on it. Instruct him to bring it back immediately to that shop so he can document that the shop was notified. They should at least check out the sensor. They may have cracked the sensor ring.

Putting on a properly sized larger wheel should not throw off the sensor if it is working. It didn't on my car either.

steviej

thx!