Squeeking Rear End...where Is It Coming From?

Recently, I noticed squeeking sounds when I go over bumps...it is not dependent on speed as it sound the same on the highway and in city... :blink: No rattles or thumps just cute squeekies that sound like someone is rubbing a styrofoam on a wet window. I thought it was something in the back seat...but I suspect it is the strut mounts from previous postings... Someone said they greased them...but can't find the post. Any help from the experienced...

It reminds me of that cricket in the car commercial. :D

Recently, I noticed squeeking sounds when I go over bumps...it is not dependent on speed as it sound the same on the highway and in city... :blink:  No rattles or thumps just cute squeekies that sound like someone is rubbing a styrofoam on a wet window.  I thought it was something in the back seat...but I suspect it is the strut mounts from previous postings...  Someone said they greased them...but can't find the post.  Any help from the experienced...

It reminds me of that cricket in the car commercial. :D

lemme know if you figure it out! i have the same exact problem lol. it might be the shocks.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find out what the squeeky noise was? (sounds like styrofoam rubbed against glass)

I have the same problem on '96 model, coming from front and rear. You can hear it the most as you go slowly thru parking lots, and go over small bumps or cracks/exspansion joints in the pavement. Getting ready to have the dealership take a look at it, and see if they can figure it out, but am curious if it's something I can fix myself.

Thanks

MXVR4

• 4 months later...
Did you ever find out what the squeeky noise was? (sounds like styrofoam rubbed against glass)

I have the same problem on '96 model, coming from front and rear. You can hear it the most as you go slowly thru parking lots, and go over small bumps or cracks/exspansion joints in the pavement. Getting ready to have the dealership take a look at it, and see if they can figure it out, but am curious if it's something I can fix myself.

Thanks

MXVR4

In my case it was the leather rubbing against the baby car seat.

My 94 was producing an annoying squeaking noise coming from the rear at low speeds (parking lots / speed bumps) and I paid a local mechanic $302 to replace the rear strut assemblies and it took care of the noise. The parts added another $209.01, total of $511.01. Expensive, I know, but I had the cash and was tired of hearing it.

Part # 334134 @ $110.88

Part # 334133 @ $98.13

I hope this helps!

I had the same problem with my 93 ES300 and the repair shop lubricated the rear bushings; cost $45 and it was fixed. It was an annoying sound that had me thinking it would be expensive to repair but turned out to be minor. Problem solved.