Control Arm Bushings

bnjsween

I have been searching for control arm bushings for my '95 LS400. I haven't been able to find them on the internet. Does anyone know where I can buy them? I need to get rid of the rough, loud noises my car makes while riding over bumps and/or pot holes at slow speeds. Thanks for all your help!

I have been searching for control arm bushings for my '95 LS400.  I haven't been able to find them on the internet.  Does anyone know where I can buy them?  I need to get rid of the rough, loud noises my car makes while riding over bumps and/or pot holes at slow speeds.  Thanks for all you help!

Thats the problem with 2nd and 3rd gens, you would have to buy a whole new Control arm. Very expensive, but its the only alternative that I know of yet.

Daizen sells a bushing kit for 1st Gen LS400, for $99.00 at most of their dealers.

The Lexus dealers that handle them want more, usually. I got mine from TM Engineering in Carson, CA. Google Daizen, pick the one for sport-tuning, and click on the suspension link.

It took 3 months to get mine. Backordered, it seemed, forever. I haven't done the replacement yet. I'll probably need 3 or 4 days to do the job. The kit includes bushings for upper and lower arms, both sides. The guy who sells them on Ebay jacks up the price a bunch! He wants $60 or more for one side of uppers, and something similar for the lowers.

Once I've done mine, I'll post a tutorial with photos and text. It may be awhile before I get to it.

John DeCuir

'90 LS400

Salinas/Sacramento, CA

• 10 months later...

Daizen sells a bushing kit for 1st Gen LS400, for $99.00 at most of their dealers.

The Lexus dealers that handle them want more, usually. I got mine from TM Engineering in Carson, CA. Google Daizen, pick the one for sport-tuning, and click on the suspension link.

It took 3 months to get mine. Backordered, it seemed, forever. I haven't done the replacement yet. I'll probably need 3 or 4 days to do the job. The kit includes bushings for upper and lower arms, both sides. The guy who sells them on Ebay jacks up the price a bunch! He wants $60 or more for one side of uppers, and something similar for the lowers.

Once I've done mine, I'll post a tutorial with photos and text. It may be awhile before I get to it.

John DeCuir

'90 LS400

Salinas/Sacramento, CA

John,

Wondering if you ever got the work done. if so, do you have the results?? Thanks!

His is a 1st generation LS400 "89-94" model years. The daizen bushings only fit those model years. Unfortunately, those of us who have the 95 + model years are still stuck with having to purchase oem control arm assemblies. Believe me, I tried like heck to find aftermarket parts for my 95 for the bushings...no luck. So, I ordered all new control arms through a GREAT contact here....give you a hint...he's a man of one, who is currently tweeking out his ford. I purchased all the fronts, and rears for $1,600.

I have been searching for control arm bushings for my '95 LS400. I haven't been able to find them on the internet. Does anyone know where I can buy them? I need to get rid of the rough, loud noises my car makes while riding over bumps and/or pot holes at slow speeds. Thanks for all your help!

bnj:

Check out this website;

http://www.vftbushes.com/

For a mere $975.00 USD, you can have a set of all new bushings for upper/lower, front/rear for your "Soarer". I don't know if these will fit a '95 LS. If not, maybe he's developed some. These things look like they were made by a master craftsman, but Jeeeez does he want a lot of money for them.

Maybe he'll cut a "deal" to us because of the club affiliation...............

Andrew Vlamos is the owner. Unless he has completed the project for second generation bushings, all of his are for the first generation models. I talked to Andrew about a year ago on when he would be ready to start selling the second generation bushings. He told me at that time he was "thinking about" developing them, but was not very optomistic. He has not updated his website to include the new bushings, so my opinion is that he has not developed them. When I spoke with him, he voiced his frustration with competing against the cheaper Daizen bushings, and made comments that he would not be willing to produce the second generation bushings without a large USA company to sponsor them "sell them on the shelf". So, I would be very curious where he is today?? If you find out, please post up the results! I waited for him to complete the second generation bushings for a few months, but then decided to just bite the bullet and go OEM for an additional $600.

you can call Carey from park place lexus at www.newlexusparts.com

tell him that Vitaliy from lexusownersclub.com told you about the store.

he prolly will give you a nice price for the OEM lexus parts.

hope this helps

I got a reply back from Daizen. They said to check with their dealers in 4-6 weeks. That would be about May 2006.

yeah yeah yeah...heard that one before, i think this time last year if i recall...