low beam blub replacement/size

mlim

I'm trying to replace the lowbeam (the projector type headlight) on my lx470. However, I checked the books at parts store as well as online at sylvania replacement guide, and all of them refer to the low beam replacement blub as 9006. But after buying a set of 9006s, I noticed the lowbeam blubs are not the same as the 9006. The ones in the lx470 do not have the L-shape plaster housing like the 9006. It's just the straight blub and metal part (looks like the H1 type blub). Also, looking at the day-time running lights/high-beam blubs, there are 9005s.

So has anyone replaced the low beam blubs on the projector type headlight before and know what specific model blub to buy for the low beam?

Thanks in advance.

ML

• 9 months later...
I'm trying to replace the lowbeam (the projector type headlight) on my lx470. However, I checked the books at parts store as well as online at sylvania replacement guide, and all of them refer to the low beam replacement blub as 9006. But after buying a set of 9006s, I noticed the lowbeam blubs are not the same as the 9006. The ones in the lx470 do not have the L-shape plaster housing like the 9006. It's just the straight blub and metal part (looks like the H1 type blub). Also, looking at the day-time running lights/high-beam blubs, there are 9005s.

So has anyone replaced the low beam blubs on the projector type headlight before and know what specific model blub to buy for the low beam?

Thanks in advance.

ML

It is an H7.

• 2 months later...

i have a 2003 LX470 too.....low beams are H1 size bulbs. the low beam output is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! so, i replaced my low beams with CATZ 4500K HID kit! :D it's awesome!!!! make driving at night SOOOOOOOOO different. check out http://www.liteswap.com . they have awesome customer service, i highly recommend them! i've installed 3 of their HID kits, they are in my opinion VERY VERY high quality. JDM. :)