Stock Factory Hid

hey guys i have a question about my stock 99 GS 400 factory HID head light that looks bluelish

instead of yellowlish. is that mean i have the 4200k ? eventhough is it blue not yellow ? can i still

upgrade to the 8000K ? or am i ok on that ? thank you for any respond .

adrian,

fremont,CA

All stock HID headlamps regardless of the car are 4100k, thats the only DOT approved color temperature. I personal;ly have never seen an HID that I thought looked yellow. As for upgrading the 8100k, sure you can but if I were you I'd really think about that first. The lights are going to look much more purple and not as deep, much more like imitation HID lights. You'll also have less light output (by a good margin actually) than the standard 4100k system.

My ES has 4100k, and I've sat it right beside other temps, and like mine the best.

All stock HID headlamps regardless of the car are 4100k, thats the only DOT approved color temperature. I personal;ly have never seen an HID that I thought looked yellow. As for upgrading the 8100k, sure you can but if I were you I'd really think about that first. The lights are going to look much more purple and not as deep, much more like imitation HID lights. You'll also have less light output (by a good margin actually) than the standard 4100k system.

My ES has 4100k, and I've sat it right beside other temps, and like mine the best.

thank you SWGS300

thank you SWGS300

DOH I MEAN THANK YOU SW03ES

it looks like a good difference to me

as there is still glare

i took pics of my hid low beam and a silverstar in the high from above the lens so it looks down ont eh projector and lip

when i upload the pics i'll thro a link

i am going to wait a wek for the silver stars to break in as they take a good week to whighten from a yellowish colour

i also will have a compare of a cool blue blb also

Skperf,

I wanted to know what you mean by there still being a "glare?" I have not seen a picture of HID lights in complete darkness like the pic I took last night, so does that mean that HID's wouldn't show the glare in the picture like the one I posted, or do you mean that the Silverstar's glare will reduce as they begin to break in to match the "HID look?" Also, how do I throw in a picture in my post and have it appear with the text (that I'm typing now) rather than as download link?