Am I The Only One Who Over Paid For Their Gx?

studlee

Borught a year end 05 here  -- Nav Sys,  DVD,  Rear seat,  hitch,  ball mount,

spoiler,  some kind of accessory pkg,  54,800  for 50,000  I too felt paid

more than should have for a year old model.  BUT it was the color

wanted  with right interior.  All options plus some,  so felt running

all over trying to find the deal,  might not have run across another

with all the stuff.  And most dealers  were starting at knocking only 3K off.

I went in armed with all the guides and print out.  But  live 80 to

200 miles from  Lexus dealers in 3 cities.  Went to 4,  really got

tired of all the running and returning calls.  Some are still calling me

so  yeah probably could have done better,  but what is done is done

The 05's didn't hit the dealers lots until last december, so I don't think your 05 is a year end closeout yet. I took delivery of my 04 last october 1st, and mine was equipped almost identically to yours. I also paid 50,000 for mine. I live in the Milwaukee area though, and there are only two Lexus dealers in town, both owned by the same company.

I could probably have done somewhat better on price by going to Chicago where there are more dealers, but I felt I was treated very well locally here, and would prefer to keep a strong relationship with the dealer I will be taking it to for service. That's worth something.

seems like this topic's been here awhile but i haven't read this yet. I'm a person who over paid for their GX because I was one of the first. I heard like at the year end of 04, they offered GX470s w/ 3rd seat for $45k, price i paid w/o 3rd seats. :censored:

I know I did terrible on my deal. Sticker on mine was a little over $56K for 2005 w/Sport Package, NAV/ DVD and 3rd row. Got $3,000 off sticker but they gave me only $60,000 for my 1 year old Maserati Spyder that I paid over $90,000 for. They swore that is all a wholesaler would give for the car and that they would not put it on the their lot. Low and behold the next day they had the car in the newspaper for $69,900 I heard they got around $66,000 for it. So yes I really feel I got screwed. What was also funny was they actually owed me about $7,000 and when I picked up the GX they told me a check would be mailed out in a few days. Doubt I could go get a car and tell them I will get a check to them in a couple of days. But am loving the GX, So who really cares?