Vibrations

BMAN1113

My 93' SC400 has had minor vibrations for the past 6mo or so. I notice this when I'm ideling at a red light. It's minor, but still irritating and noticeable. This happens about 70% of the time. Happens equally with A/C off and on. When it doesnt occur its so quiet and smooth..like new. What could be causing this? I have done a full tune-up (plugs, wires, caps, throttle body cleaned, two Tecron treatments). I thought maybe the motor/trans mounts, but my mechanic says they are in great shape. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it?

After I had my motor/trans mounts replaced the car was noticeably smoother. My mechanic thought they looked good too...before he pulled them out and compared them to the new ones. He said the old ones were compressed about 1-2". Yours may look good but they may not be good.

After I had my motor/trans mounts replaced the car was noticeably smoother.  My mechanic thought they looked good too...before he pulled them out and compared them to the new ones.  He said the old ones were compressed about 1-2".  Yours may look good but they may not be good.

Do you remember how much the mounts were and how much it was for installation. My car has some vibration in it too.

Tim

Motor mounts (2) $184.16

Trans mount (1) $51.60

3.5 hours of labor to install the 3 mounts...rate varies as you know...I paid $60/hr

Total cost for me = $446

Mine were changed around 138k or so. For me, it made a big difference...when I got the car back it felt new! If you're gonna do them do all 3. You have an SC which is obviously different, but it's got the same engine. Anyway, this is one repair that made my LS feel like a Lexus again....sometimes you can't even tell it's on it's so smooth.

• 1 month later...