Honda/acura Vs Toyota/lexus

GT-S

who would win? i like Honda/Acura cuz the make fast cars with small engine(4cylinders), i.e. S2000, RSX-S, etc... Toyota/Lexus makes moderately fast cars with about same engine size, i.e. '00+ Celica, ... that's it(that's all i could think of)? i wished that if Lexus would just make/give the IS300 a nice 300hp V6 like the GS430? GS430 is just too big/family type to be a sport sedan. the thing i like about Toyota/Lexus is that i like their style, looks sweet as anything. so what about you guys which would you guys voted for as the best car company? between those 2 anyway.

The reason that Toyota Made the IS300 was to help Lexus Compete with BMW and Audi for a sporty vehicle that still looked and rode mature like a luxury sedan.

The engine that the IS300 has is there for a reason. The V-6 is a great engine but isn't modifiable and has a weak bottom side. The inline 6 has been proven to accept upwards of 1000 horsepower to the stock bottom end AND it's in the Supra so aftermarket parts are easily obtainable, making it a great car for GEN X and Y to try to get ahold of--which is another thing that Toyota is trying to do.....catch the youth market...

I Think Toyota is definatley one up on Honda........even the former CEO of honda says Toyota makes a better product.. LoL :magic:

and just fyi, the 300hp engine in the GS430 is a V8, not a V6. that would be one hell of a V6 if it had 300hp. the 2JZ-GE in the IS300 is a great engine and is capable of high numbers. i would keep any lexus or toyota over honda and acura. except for the NSX. the NSX is just it's own little thing. :D

Personally I think the GS430 is a great sports sedan.

As for Acura vs Lexus, in all honesty, there is no competition. Lexus makes some of the highest quality, most refined, most reliable luxury cars there are out there. Lexus continually tops longevity and quality surveys. They have the best customer service in the industry just about.

Acura on the other hand, continuously nips on Lexus' heels. The cars are shoddily built (at least when compared to a Lexus, BMW or Merc) they have low quality interiors with fake wood trim. The TL even has vinyl on the seat facings! Their flagship sedan is FWD with a V6! Acura is a great car, but I dont consider it a tru luxury car like a Lexus is. Most buyers dont either. A lot of the market and consumer testings show that Acura is more commonly cross shopped with Toyotas, and normal Hondas, while Lexus is cross shopped with the big boys, BMW, Mercedes, Audi etc.

ok i am new to this forum but i will put my $.02 on this topic......

i just sold my honda yes it was a decently quick car to drive for the size of the motor (1.8L) but even being a built turboed car it still failed in comparison to my IS 300

sure the honda would have beat the lexus in a straight line run but it was really uncomfortable, very tempermental, and an all around pain in my !Removed!.....

no to mention tha fact that cops just love harassing anyone in a honda is reason enough to pic the lexus over the honda/acura