Es300 - [another]wheel/tire Question

Lou_Jr

Sorry for yet another question regarding wheels and tires, but I have searched through every post on this forum, and I cannot seem to find a straight answer.

year: 2001

model: ES300

stock wheel size: 16" x 6" (45mm offset)

stock tire size: 205/60

question: can I use the same size tires, but mount them on wheels that measure 16" x 6.5" (instead of the stock 16" x 6" wheels) ?? Would I need to go + or - on the offset??

I already know that the 205/60 tires will fit on the 16" x 6.5" wheels with no problem. But, will that extra 1/2" of wheel width cause any problems, or can I just bolt 'em on and go???

Thanks again.

---Lou

thanks for the info!

so, are you saying that I can even go up to 16x7 without using any spacers?

There is a set of wheels on Ebay from a 2002 GS400. They are 16x7 w/ 50mm offset. I would be using my [stock size] tires (205/60) on these wheels.

I am just not sure they will fit correctly on my car without rubbing or anything. Also, will they look any different (i.e., will the tires stick out to the sides further when looking at the car from the front or back???)

sorry for the stupid questions...

(In another post, someone told me that GS wheels would not work on my car -- that's why I am asking again...)

well you only mentioned the rim width before but not that it was from a GS with a different offset

the 16X7 is no porblem the offset is slightly diffferent so they will be higher and sit further in towards the shock

it should be fine though

only issues might be in the rear

but usually only with 17 inch rims

if needed just add a 5mm spacer and problem solved

Lou, I also have a '01 ES, and I changed my wheels to the factory ones from an '03 ES. The wheel size is 16x6.5, and I mounted the wheels onto the same tires used for my factory '01 wheels. Fitment is perfect, and the ride is just as comfortable as before, but I noticed that the wheel lugs stick out longer by 1/2" than from my old wheels. Not a big deal to me for the time being :)

oct17_school.sized.jpg

Lou, I also have a '01 ES, and I changed my wheels to the factory ones from an '03 ES.  The wheel size is 16x6.5, and I mounted the wheels onto the same tires used for my factory '01 wheels.  Fitment is perfect, and the ride is just as comfortable as before, but I noticed that the wheel lugs stick out longer by 1/2" than from my old wheels.  Not a big deal to me for the time being :)

oct17_school.sized.jpg

looks good is that pic taken in new milford nj ?