A Navigation System For A 2000 Lx470

likenoother001

Is it possible to install a OEM Navigation system into a 2000 LX470? Maybe using the one that is installed in a 2001 LX470? How should I go about doing this?

I do not believe that they are compatible. You might want to search the archives in this forum and also the clublexus.com forums. Someone was inquiring about spending big bucks to do this. The consensus, as I recall, was that it was not worth it. You are likely to be better off finding a third party solution that will fit your vehicle and can have many more features than the OEM system. After all, the Toyota/Lexus navi system installed in the LC/LX is nothing to write home about.

Is it possible to install a OEM Navigation system into a 2000 LX470? Maybe using the one that is installed in a 2001 LX470? How should I go about doing this?

Yes , The install can be done , I can get you the 2001 full nav system if you are still looking for one . PM or EM me for all the details.

Yes , The install can be done , I can get you the 2001 full nav system if you are still looking for one . PM or EM me for all the details.

dcfish, I'm interested as well, but this board won't let me send PM or email... can you give me details at "shadyjc@charter.net". Thanks.

• 7 months later...

DC fish, I am interested as well.

tuannaut02@yahoo.com

tuannaut@hotmail.com

DC fish, I am interested as well.

tuannaut02@yahoo.com

tuannaut@hotmail.com

God just buy an aftermarket system... it will be easier and more advanced than that 2000 technology. The new aftermarket systems are faster and offer more features in comparison to the OEM system.

• 11 months later...

God just buy an aftermarket system... it will be easier and more advanced than that 2000 technology. The new aftermarket systems are faster and offer more features in comparison to the OEM system.

Based on what I've heard/read, aftermarket seems the way to go. NavGuy, I'm the in SoCal area (I see you're in Long Beach). Who would you recommend to buy and install a system? I've seen pictures of really crappy looking installs that look like they were just slapped on and ones that look fully integrated and seamless. I'm looking to get a 2002 to 2005 GS300. Email me: trjnlaw@hotmail.com

trjnlaw@hotmail.com

• 3 months later...

I am amazed people want to spend big buck to put a NAV in their vehicle. The Lexus NAV is one of the best OEM units, but it is no match for a Garmin or Tom Tom. If anything goes wrong with the OEM, it will cost $5K to fix it (Lexus or Toyota).

I am amazed people want to spend big buck to put a NAV in their vehicle. The Lexus NAV is one of the best OEM units, but it is no match for a Garmin or Tom Tom. If anything goes wrong with the OEM, it will cost $5K to fix it (Lexus or Toyota).

Wrong, I have OEM navs that average $2k and $2.5k if something goes wrong I replace the part. I'll sell you 2 complete OEM nav systems for $5k.

Wrong, I have OEM navs that average $2k and $2.5k if something goes wrong I replace the part. I'll sell you 2 complete OEM nav systems for $5k.

DcFish, I have a 2000 LX470 and am also interested in either replaceing my Nak 6 disk changer with Factory Nav or just getting a new Changer (oem) that works. can you emial me at logle@austin.rr.com with options? Thanks!