Car Insurance

sweetsmiles9

:blink: Hi! I am planning on buying a lexus RX 330 soon , and since i started looking at all the insurance deals ,I realized its going to be a different ball game altogether.I guess the cost of insuring a lexus is going to run into a couple of thousand dollars each year and every insurance company seems to have different policies.I am so confused.Could anyone plz tell me what all should I be looking for in a car insurance ,how much could it cost per month and if any insurance company is better than the others in Boston?

Thanks in advance.

What you need to do is find a good insurance agent. A good insurance agent will go over all your options with you and reccomend a package and be fair about it, meaning he'll design a package with your needs in mind.

One thing you may run into is insurance companies that don't allow you to pay monthly but require a whole year upfront. How old are you?"

While I am insuring a 99 as opposed to a newer model, I use Geico and my policy runs me $63.00 each month. It is the only vehicle I have insured through Geico, but when my wife hit a deer and smashed our RX up pretty good, they were as fair as any I have dealt with. I would go to their web site and figure out what you think you need & see what their quote will be. When I had my truck insured through geico, our policy was still only $96 per month....so even with 2 vehicles it wasn't too bad. I don't remember what all of the numbers are, but I do know we have a $250 deductible instead of the $500. We had no credit history when signing on with them and still qualified for the monthly payment option. I think we pay a little more for the policy, but $63 per month isn't bad at all.

Another one that isn't bad if you have been driving at least 3 years and no points is 21st century, I fixed my son up with it and it is a pretty good deal. Also includes towing with every package. I went with progressive for his first 6 months but they raised it for no reason after the 6 month low price, so I went with 21st. You can check them on line and purchase from there website. The towing package works also my kid had a dead battery out at the beach one night and called the 800 no and had a jump in less than 1/2 hour.

Jeff

If Mercury Insurance is in your area, I highly recommend that you give them a chance to quote. I switched from State Farm many years back and never regretted it. Not only is Mercury rated A+ and are known for their super-low rates, but they also have top-notch customer service reps. I saved hundreds of dollars per year by switching.

If Mercury Insurance is in your area, I highly recommend that you give them a chance to quote. I switched from State Farm many years back and never regretted it. Not only is Mercury rated A+ and are known for their super-low rates, but they also have top-notch customer service reps. I saved hundreds of dollars per year by switching.

On the plus side, the RX is a very safe car, meaning that if you're involved in a serious accident, the likelihood of personal injuries being serious are lower than in most other cars. That should help with the rates. We're in our 40's, but have a couple of recent minor accidents on our records, yet our rates went DOWN when we replaced our '96 minivan with our '04 RX330.

On the plus side, the RX is a very safe car, meaning that if you're involved in a serious accident, the likelihood of personal injuries being serious are lower than in most other cars.  That should help with the rates.  We're in our 40's, but have a couple of recent minor accidents on our records, yet our rates went DOWN when we replaced our '96 minivan with our '04 RX330.

I'm 18 and am primary driver of a '96 Explorer. My parents (who are gracious enough to pay my insurance) say that my truck is one of th safest cars a teenager can drive according to their agent. :blink: Which is odd since the '96 is right in the middle of the years that Explorers were slammed with recalls and rollovers. :wacko::blink: Funny how insurance companies are like that...

Well the whole rollover thing is not what most people think it is. The truck is actually not prone to rollovers as long as its fitted with appropriate tires.

The only thing insurance companies care about is claims. A car is more expensive or less expensive to insure depending on how much insurance companies pay out for claims surrounding that particular vehicle. When he says its one of the safest vehicles a teenager can drive he means "We haven't paid a lot of claims for dead teenagers in Explorers" probably because not a lot of teenagers drive them.

Well the whole rollover thing is not what most people think it is. The truck is actually not prone to rollovers as long as its fitted with appropriate tires.

When he says its one of the safest vehicles a teenager can drive he means "We haven't paid a lot of claims for dead teenagers in Explorers" probably because not a lot of teenagers drive them.

Yeah, my parents were smart. One of the first things they did was chuck the firestones that came with the car and slap on some goodyears.

That's easy to believe. Drive through any high school parking lot and it's Toyota 4Runners and Honda Civics (most with 1000watt subs that annoy everyone but the driver). Good thing too, my car would win if some nutbag decides to hit me. In some cases I'd just roll right over those lowered Civics like a speed bump ;) ;) ;) jk of course