Options

davidkaz

I have an 04 rx330, thinking of trading it for another with a Navigation system, Mark Levinson audio and Laser cruise control. Are they worth the extra money? Would like to hear from those that have these options and your experience with them.

I have an RX 300 and a BMW Z4, both with nav. Because my wife really needs them (and because I want them too), we will never have another car without it. I gladly paid the $2K to $3K extra. Regarding the Levinson audio and Laser cruise, I can do without both. But I guess it just personal preference as to what each of us thinks is important. Good luck.

99% of the time my gps/nav works fine. It's that 0.01% failure rate that I can never know will occur makes me distrust it full time.

With >70db noise level at cruise the ML cannot be appreciated any more than the standard OEM system.

No opinion on laser cruise except I don't see the need above standard OEM.

Just my $0.02.

It is nice to have all the available options. If you don't need to use a particular one then just turn it off or ignore it, but at least you know that it's there when you need it.

Our speed limit is 65 or 70mph. Yet our cars have the "option" that allows us to go faster than that. You may not always use it but you know it's there when you need it.

I just didn't think I needed the Nav so I didn't get it ... I've traveled quite a lot before and generally know where I'm going at all times. The idea of having it was appealing, but I personally couldn't justify paying the money for it considering where I live.

As far as the laser cruise ... I just don't like the idea of it ... when I'm on an Interstate or highway and close to another car I like the responsiveness I have when I don't have cruise engaged. I just don't quite see the point of it personally.

Again though ... you have to decide all this for yourself ... if you like having the toys, you know who you are. I just couldn't justify it for myself.

At times I wish I had the Levinson, but when I listened to it I didn't think it was worth the difference in cost to get it ... not a huge difference in sound ... but again it may have had something to do with my apprehension to get the Navigation. I guess with the saved money I could get a woofer for the rear if I felt absolutely needed better sound.