Es300 Repair Manuals?

blake918

Are there any avalible service manuals for a 1994 ES300 that is not on cd (from Chilton, Lexus, or any other reputable)? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

The Hayes or Chilton manual for the 94 Camry V6 should cover you for most at home DIY projects.

Other than that, go Lexus Factory Manual.

97-01 ES have a Hayes manual with ES in the title.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...

By some stroke of luck I found the real Lexus dual volume service manuals on eBay. And the best part is they were only $65.00 shipped to my doorstep. They are terrific!! Thanks for help skperformance and steviej.

i just looked on ebay and saw lots of CD-ROM manuals for the ES300....didn't see any that looked like actual bound manuals. has anyone used these CDROMs? the picture of them, "looks" like a factory cdrom - says Lexus on it...but i can't imagine it's direct from the factory, they must produce these copies somewhere and resell them?

the prices for them seem way too good to be true - $10-$30 for the CD....

i just looked on ebay and saw lots of CD-ROM manuals for the ES300....didn't see any that looked like actual bound manuals. has anyone used these CDROMs? the picture of them, "looks" like a factory cdrom - says Lexus on it...but i can't imagine it's direct from the factory, they must produce these copies somewhere and resell them?

the prices for them seem way too good to be true - $10-$30 for the CD....

John B, do you have the door glass off? If so, there is a panel that appears to run accross the middle of the door-you need to remove the bolt and the plate that hold it in place. Next is the regulator-you can take it off by removing 8 nuts;then they say the regulator will come out by disconnecting it. If you need me to back up some on this procedure let me know

Thanks Blake. Right now, I have the window glass still inside the door attached to the regulator and all still. I just have the paneling off as well as the clear plastic bag liner (that protects it all from moisture).

But yes, I see the black bar that runs across the middle of the door....that one i knew had to come out. The biggest unknown i have right now is what to do w/ the actual glass. I 'think' after i remove the black bar, as well as 3 or 4 more screws that hold the regulator tracks in place, that i may need to unscrew the regulator from where it attaches to the glass....when i do this, i GUESS the glass is just gonna sit in there....then i pull out the old regulator guts....disconnect it from the motor...then try to CAREFULLY connect the new regulator to the motor and reverse the steps. the dlr told me if the new regulator coil unwinds by accident while handling it, it's pretty much scrap. so if you have any specifics from your manual on how to handle the glass or keep that regulator coil from unwinding, i'd really appreciate. thks