Rx300 Steering Wheel Not Alligned

LexKid630

i just had my 03 Rx300 serviced @ the dealer and had a front wheel allignment/balancing etc done. when i picked it up at the dealer everythig was fine. I drove it off the lot without a problem. As i was driving on the highway i noticed that the steering wheel started twisting to the left; it wasn't straight when i was going straight. The wood piece on the top was almost on the side and it felt as if the wheel was going to twist off. when i turned the wheel to the right the whole car turned to the right as it usually would proportionally, and when i straightened out again the wheel was totally upside down. When i turned again the wheel straightened out normally. As i continued to drive along this didn't happen again so i didn't think it was an emergency to stop. Days had passed and the problem went away. ....does anyone know what happened?

thanks

i just had my 03 Rx300 serviced @ the dealer and had a front wheel allignment/balancing etc done. when i picked it up at the dealer everythig was fine. I drove it off the lot without a problem. As i was driving on the highway i noticed that the steering wheel started twisting to the left; it wasn't straight when i was going straight. The wood piece on the top was almost on the side and it felt as if the wheel was going to twist off. when i turned the wheel to the right the whole car turned to the right as it usually would proportionally, and when i straightened out again the wheel was totally upside down. When i turned again the wheel straightened out normally. As i continued to drive along this didn't happen again so i didn't think it was an emergency to stop.  Days had passed and the problem went away.  ....does anyone know what happened?

thanks

You mean the steering wheel is 'top dead center' now? when it was to one side after you had an alignment & wheels balanced? weird.....do you check all tire pressures and such? :unsure: B)

:cheers: