Any Tips For Finding An Sc300? Wtb

I'm looking for a nice SC300, around 1995, to replace my Acura Integra driver (225,000 miles).

Looks like the production numbers were pretty low and even Lexus CPO only lists one.

What are some good sources to find one of these sweet cars. I'm in Nashville currently but will fly out for the right one. I'm not in any hurry, just searching.

Thanks,

John :snoooorrrtttt:

John,

I just went through the same thing. www.autotrader.com seemed to have the best consistent supply of SC300's I could find. You can do basic searches for all of them or advanced searches for specific ones. I found that just listing them all out and taking the time to go through them worked best, because people do not always write their ads to let the advanced search criteria work properly. I would not have found mine without just going through pages and pages of ads.

The fact that you are not in a hurry is really best, and internet car buying is quite a sport.

Also, I found some interesting SC's on e-bay, but I refuse to buy from dealers on e-bay due to the trust factor and the trouble that most of them have in bidding on their own cars.

Good Luck.

Bill Harrison

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. New here, but let me add a comment. I'd recommend adding eBay to your search. I did it. You can check feedback of any seller from all who bought. Search engine is excellent. For most good lexus, there are many photos and often very good descriptions. Track the Lexus SC300 or SC400 action for awhile. Note the percentage under blue book they tend to go for if you decide to bid. Don't get into bidding war, which will just drive up price. Be patient. You can ask sellers any questions. I believe eBay also protects your purchase of an auto for some amount. $10000 sticks in my mind, but that may be in error. Some have CARFAX reports included. Also, some have 30 day power train limited warranties included free. Mine had both with many detailed photos and detailed descriptions. Some dealers also allow you to decide not to buy upon seeing car after winning. Depends on dealer.

Just an option to consider. I know that some would hesitate, and I understand that; but, I am very satisfied. Excellent experience for me.

Good luck.

I would also reccomend ebay. I used it to find an sc400 in my area. Turns out there was one about 10 miles from me.

I diddnt want to bid on it, so I asked the dealer if i could buy it. we negotiated a price, and when it was settled they pulled the ad off ebay-Im sure that *BLEEP*ed a couple of bidders off!