Price For 2002 Es 300

nancem

I looked at one with 40k miles, no navi, but yes leather, moonroof and xenon. Asking price is $25.2. Has CPO. All service documented and done at dealership. Did also document that some brake work was done. That concerned me but I don't know if it should.

Given mileage, my thought is to waive CPO since I'd have approx $10k factory. Dealer came down to only $24.1. CPO adds approx $2500 per Edmunds. I didn't expect that much of a reduction because some work was obviously done to enable initial CPO offer, but thought it would come down somewhat more. Dealer said $800 for removal of warranty plus approx $300 addl

Any thought on fair price with or without CPO. Is CPO worth it if factory warranty balance is in the 10,000 mile range?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. Carfax was clean and showed 2 owners. Last private owner purchase was a little less than one year ago.

dealer is correct $845. plus about $300. in labor fees extra. The rest of the mechanical stuff they did to certify the car cannot be taken back. The thing is with 40k if you buying the car the brakes probably have 30-40% pad remaining. Good enough to pass inspection but you need 50% or better to pass certification. Lastly edmunds tends to over glorify everything. Its a customer sight and tends to anti dealer values all around{ try comparing trade values on 2 other sites and you will see the difference} purchase the car with the extended warranty because it gives much better coverage plus the roadside and service loaners and when re-selling its added value.

• 2 years later...

never bought a cpo and never will. a waste of money imo. get someone who knows what their doing to check the car over real good. also i would search out a high end pre-owned car lot instead. the car is the car, where you buy it from doesn't make that much of a difference. also what's the difference what the cpo adds to resale if you save a few grand up front.