Under The Knife Again...

AWJ

Same here, I think I'm just going to turbo my GE. I let this Supra go that I wanted, which I shouldn't have, and I can't find another one. I'm not going to fork over the cash that people want just for the motor and tranny, when I can strip down an entire car for cheaper, BUT all the Turbo cars are starting to come around the shop now from Winter, and I'm getting anxious.

Manifold looks gorgeous AJ. I need to rebuild my bottom end before I turbocharge, so I'm just going to jet/hot coat everything before it gets put back together. I don't need aftermarket forged. I can basically get the same amount of power out of the engine without them, (with the semi-stock fuel system) just takes smart building. So saving money on both ends.

• 5 weeks later...

roughed in, needs some more stuff, but here it is so far. drives well but needs a retune. otherwise, vacuum is good, low boost is great but can't get a high boost pull. Will drop it with a tuner next month.

so here's wat we got... still fun as all get out...

gallery_16_9_1113107369.jpg

that's a decent amount of progress in 2 months for working a 55 hour a week plus day job... not to mention all of life's little other hassles. not that its anywhere near finished. But here's perspective. back on page 1 with all the corrosion, that's all resolved as well as several oil issues. Now tighter than a drum. Just need a new tune...

for perspective, or somewhat, those silver vein pipes are hott, can't wait to do the intake manny in a candy...

gallery_16_9_1111459075.jpg