Cool Thing

yaj786

Dont know if someone else already said this but.....

Someone told me this:

Say you somehow lock your keys in the car. If someone else has a spare keyless entry remote, they can call you on your cell phone and press the remote next to their cellphone, and you hold your cell phone next to your car, it goes through the cellphones and unlocks your car! I thought it was pretty cool....... i tried it and it worked by the way...

p.s. I dont know if i said this enough :whistles: but it has to be a cellphone :rolleyes:

jahon  Posted Today, 09:26 PM

wow that is really unsecure. so you can choose any remote or does it have to be the specific remote for your car to broadcast over the cellphone?

ummm....... no :o

it obviously has to be yours

SKperformance  Posted Today, 09:49 PM

which cars do that?

sounds odd

as it uses fm frequency which is going to be hard for a cell phone to reproduce correctly

well it worked on my Mercury Villager and the person who told me used it on his Nissan Murano... he told me read it a magazine so it cant be my imagniation.... :D

Dont know if someone else already said this but.....

Someone told me this:

Say you somehow lock your keys in the car.  If someone else has a spare keyless entry remote, they can call you on your cell phone and press the remote next to their cellphone, and you hold your cell phone next to your car, it goes through the cellphones and unlocks your car!  I thought it was pretty cool....... i tried it and it worked by the way...

p.s. I dont know if i said this enough  :whistles:  but it has to be a cellphone  :rolleyes:

Intresting. :blink: B)

:cheers:

would not work. the sound coming from your cell phone and regular land phone is sampled and all the information is not there. what you here is only samples of the sound but you can not tell the difference using your ears. so if the cell phone could reproduce this encrypted frequency parts would still be missing and it would not work.