Why Why, And Why

I dunno if my car has a problem or not. I have new tires on my car, and usually in the rain i can slide around turns, fishtail and what not. but now i can't. and usually if i do, only the inside wheel spins. is that bad for my car doing it in the first place, and also do the wheels spin independently.

do you know anything about transmissions, because my makes a little whistle sound right before it shifts.

Not really. I can only speak in general terms for anything besides the IS300. I think this has been mentioned in some threads here recently though. Maybe try a search.

Whistling sound could be vacuum leak, with the mileage you have you probably have some loose or brittle vacuum hoses. Check all your vacuum hoses for loose fitting, over time they harden and swell. If you haven't done so already it 's time for a tranny flush and filter replace or cleaning. There's lots of things you can do yourself. You haven't told us what's been done to the car recently or how long you've had it'. At the mileage you have alot needs to be done to car if it hasn't already been done. B)

is it bad if only the inside wheel spins, or is it supposed to do that in that case?

As one tire spins faster than the other, the differential pinions spin very quickly on the their shaft, and this will cause more wear on the shaft. The relative speed difference is supposed to be that caused by going around a corner with neither wheel spinning faster than the track radius will produce. Spinning one tire (like on ice or snow) will wear out the differential more quickly.

Here in Canada it is a common aspect to check on a used car with an "open" differential.

well i got the car with 107,000 miles on it. and nothings been serviced on it recently. my dad keeps putting off service on it. what all can i do myself to it, and how do i check those hoses and vacuums cuz i dunno where to look. and it sounds like its not good to get it to where one wheel spins, is that correct? cuz i dont wanna wear anything out on it that badly

And i've had it for about 3 years now, also my cup holder broke and won't come out at all, any suggestions about that. and the last problem i have with the car is the cd changer sometimes doesnt work. what should i do besides waste money at lexus?