Clunking / Rattling Noise

• 4 months later...

For what sway bar bushings? White lithium grease, or black chassie grease.

It's one time where you can over-lube at will. As soon as it goes dry, it'll just squeak again.

I went to the dealer today because I had this thumping noise coming from the rear , I read some where on the forum about some one describing that noise like carrying golf balls in the trunk(i could,nt find that post), it also had the picture of two sway bar bushings. Can any one plese describe the procedure to change them , I have the factory service manual . but I am not understanding how will I remove the bushings themself.

Do I need to remove the entire stabilizer bar and slide off the bushing or do I just need to remove the bracket to remove the bushing.

I am sorry I never used forums before, so pardon my entiquettes.

Rizwan Ahmed

post-35527-1167777787_thumb.jpg

The bushings just spread open, with persuasion :D . Get a new set, preferably urethane ones which are harder durometer than the oem rubber. More responsive, better control. Check eBay, they have 'em. Lube with dielectric grease, open them and push on to appropriate contact points on the bar. Clamp them back, you are done to enjoy better handling and 'no golf balls in the trunk.'

:cheers:

OOPZ, forgot to say :chairshot: no need to take off bar, just 4 bolts on the retaining brackets. Easy fix!