Sc Headlight Changes?

It's not the seals that are bad. Although that is what people will tell you. The lights let moisture in, but then it doesn't get out like it should. They can be disassembled and cleaned. The FAQ has a link to a site put together by lex400sc but the link has not been working for me. Copy the link and search it in google. Then hit the cached option and the page will come. Look for headlights and there will be a step by step. Also, there is a tail light thread here that discusses the disassebly procedure. Then you'd want to clean it while they are out. Then reseal them. Many people put them in the oven for like 12 minutes at 250 and get a butter knife and start prying. Same way to reseale. I'm going to do this in August or so. I will put together my own how to and post it in the workshop forum. Or you buy new headlights at 400$ a pop.

:whistles: I suggest you clean the outside of the light first before opening it up. Chances are it's all surface and nothing inside.

I found out the hard way as I opening a perfectly sealed light when then started to condense. :angry: (fixed it though) :lol:

Just wipe it down a few hundred times with a plastic cleaner till you get the result that you want. :magic: