Es 330 Tires

timothy

I drive a 04 es 330 with dunlop sport 5000 tires. After first tire rotation at 5000 miles I noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel. After driving about 15 to 20 miles it goes away. Tires also seem to get flat spots after sitting overnight, they go away too.

Dealer said sometimes the belts shift after rotation. Had 10000 mile rotation, seems fine now, I'm sure thats because fronts are in the rear. anyone else have this problem? What's the best tire for this car? Thanks, everyone have a good and safe Christmas!

Timothy

that is a common phenomenon with some radial tires especially if some of the belts are rayon.

once the tire is spinning for a few miles the flat spots go away.

Many people rave about the Toyo Proxes TPT for the ES.

steviej

Many including myself as well :) Awesome tire......tim, you might want to give some serious consideration to the Falken Ziex ZE-512 as well. Can't beat the value for traction in nasty weather including ice & snow, mileage (60,000 mile warranty) for the price. Best tire tested recently in a Consumer Reports test of 20 all season performance tires. When the time comes to replace your tires of course. Merry Christmas to you (and all LOC Members) as well. B)

:cheers:

The 5000s are pretty good tires, the issue is that Dunlops wear quickly and are prone to uneven wear that causes vibrations. If the vibrations come back after the next rotation you might want to get them replaced. I have Toyo Proxes TPT tires on mine and like them but Michelin just revamped their venerable MXV4 line and they're supposed to be great. An RX330 loaner I had came with them and they were nice and smooth and quiet. They're expensive though.