Nav System Update

Norris

Yesterday I received a letter from the Lexus advising me that some problems had been reported with the accuracy of the 2003 and the 2004 data for the NAV system. The letter stated that I should contact my Lexus dealership and schedule an appointment to get the Nav System updated at no cost. You guys know anything about this. I was ready to purchase a new Nav DVD. That was good news

Yesterday I received a letter from the Lexus advising me that some problems had been reported with the accuracy of the 2003 and the 2004 data for the NAV system.  The letter stated that I should contact my Lexus dealership and schedule an appointment to get the Nav System updated at no cost.  You guys know anything about this.  I was ready to purchase a new Nav DVD.  That was good news

I got the same letter for my 04 ES 330. I had the DVD replaced last week. The version of the new one is 4.2 I don't recall what version the old one was. I had asked for the old DVD back, but, according to the dealership, this was a "warranty" replacement and they had to send back my old DVD.

The new DVD does cover a bunch of areas that had outdated maps before, so I'm satisfied.

I called my dealership and learned that my '04 ES330 needed a navigation system update as well. The service guy wasn't clear on what needed to be done. He said that they had discovered a software clitch but didn't know what it was.

They took my car for 45 minutes, retrieved some information (??) and said that they'd call when my custom part or CD came in. They said the fix was "VIN specific".

I have no idea what they did except that I do know they disconnected the battery because I lost my driver seat position settings and my radio station presets.

This is quite mysteriousI :wacko:

I see you guys have ES330's! DOes this apply for the RX too? I also have a 04 RX with Version 3.1 navi. Hmmm maybe I can get me the new updated one.....I will have to call Lexus in the morning to see what they have to say

speaking of the nav system this link may be usefull for some people wanting to back up their dvd:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.au...f3b736063fd0646

The advice on that link is for dvd5 burners. The dvd9 burners are out now so it should be a straight backup, and should get all regions.

Mike

Has anyone ever received a notice for the RX330 regarding a recall for the Navigation System?

Tom

• 5 weeks later...
speaking of the nav system this link may be usefull for some people wanting to back up their dvd:

The advice on that link is for dvd5 burners. The dvd9 burners are out now so it should be a straight backup, and should get all regions.

Mike

Has anyone ever received a notice for the RX330 regarding a recall for the Navigation System?

Tom

I too would like to know as my 04 rx 330 has DVD ver 02.1 only.

Mike

Tom

I too would like to know as my 04 rx 330 has DVD ver 02.1 only.

Tom, to my knowledge, there is no recall.

Having said that, if you will read my post on getting a free replacement from your dealership, you should be a happy camper.

Tom