1995 Ls400 Spark Plugs

Svenny

Just bought my first Lexus. Absolutely love it. :D

Owners Manual calls for ND PK20R8 spark plugs but all the forum comments refer to ND PK20R11 or equivalent plugs.

Was there a change in specs? Should I stay with PK20R8 or are there some benefits or problems I should be aware of with switching to PK20R11? :unsure:

Denso or NGK are both fine. The factory uses the platinum ones but both of these companies have developed even better spark plugs since then. If you're worried then go with what your manual recommends.

Remember, posts on the forums are not necessarilly true, it's just an opinion....and that may be right or wrong. ;)

Follow the manual unless you like to live on the wild side and take unnecessary risks

good advice........however I'd check with a few Lexus dealers as well & ask them the question as to what they suggest as things could very wll have been 'updated' since 95......if they are all consistant, use them. I have Denso iridiums in my ES as well. B)

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for your replies.

I called three different dealers and finally got an explanation from the third one as to why there is a discrepency in the plug gap specifications (R8 versus R11) for the 1995 model year.

I decided to stick with my owners manual specs and installed NGK R8 Laser Platinum plugs.

I discovered that several of the installed Denso R8's were seriously out of gap and likely overdue for replacement anyway.

My Lexus now runs very smooooth and the slight shudder I was getting under moderate acceleration has completely disappeared. :D