'd' (drive) Light Bulb On Panel Blown

vyhanh

Remove the cluster: http://www.lexls.com/instrumentcluster.html

Then you have to remove the power source unit on the back (the circuit board with the metal cover over it), then you'll have access to the bulbs. The shift position bulbs are in the middle, obviously, twist them counter-clockwise to remove them. The bulb itself pulls out of the blue socket. It can be replaced by a Sylvania 2721 bulb...I think that's the right one...

This is really easy for me but may be quite hard for you. Getting the cluster out is the hardest part. Once you have it out you just need to be very careful not to jar the cluster and not the break any circuit boards or wires. While the cluster is disassembled check all the bulbs ;). Good luck!

Hey, you're in the the twin cities...where about?  If it gets a little warmer I could help you and your son with this sometime.  It's a bit cold for car work now unless you have a heated garage.

Hi Lexls,

Thanks for replying. Glad to see your reply and great tutorials on your site. We are in Bloomington. My son reported this morning that after shifting into 2nd and back to D, the light came back ! Weather-related or it is on the way out?

Regards,

VH

PS: It is a bit cold, isn't it :cheers: ? We don't have a heated garage but a few Sam Adams !!!

Hmmm, that's strange. Just keep an eye on it over the next week or so. No need to take everything apart if it still works.

It's definitely winter now :blink:, I have to freeze tonight because my girlfriends car isn't starting....hopefully I can fix it.

Hey, you and your son should come to the next MN Lexus club meet since you're really close. It's just a few guys right now but it's still fun.