225/45r18's A Crazy Idea On A Gs3?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

I'd like to put these on my 99 GS300. I think they'd be a massive improvement in handling over the 16's I have now but 245 would probably be a better width. To bid or not to bid, that is the question. The 225's would still be wider than what I've got and I know the low profiles and W rated tires would whoop my H rated Firestone Affinity LH30s (balloons)... What do ya think y'all? I could keep the 16's handy for long road trips.

I'd like to put these on my 99 GS300.  I think they'd be a massive improvement in handling over the 16's I have now but 245 would probably be a better width.  To bid or not to bid, that is the question.  The 225's would still be wider than what I've got and I know the low profiles and W rated tires would whoop my H rated Firestone Affinity LH30s (balloons)...  What do ya think y'all?  I could keep the 16's handy for long road trips.

THAT TIRE IS MUCH TOO SMALL FOR THAT APPLICATION. THE MINIMUM TIRE I'D GO WITH ON THAT VEHICLE IS A 245/40/18. I THINK YOU WILL SACRIFICE HANDLING AND VEHICLE STABILITY WITH SUCH A SMALL TIRE. I NORMALLY INSTALL THAT SIZE TIRE ON HONDA ACCORDS AND ACURA CL'S. I HAVE A 93 SC400 WITH 18X8.5 ON THE FRONT AND 18X10 ON THE REAR. I RUN A 245/40/18 ON THE FORNT AND 275/35/18 IN THE REAR. THE HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT.

I'd like to put these on my 99 GS300.  I think they'd be a massive improvement in handling over the 16's I have now but 245 would probably be a better width.  To bid or not to bid, that is the question.  The 225's would still be wider than what I've got and I know the low profiles and W rated tires would whoop my H rated Firestone Affinity LH30s (balloons)...  What do ya think y'all?  I could keep the 16's handy for long road trips.

THAT TIRE IS MUCH TOO SMALL FOR THAT APPLICATION. THE MINIMUM TIRE I'D GO WITH ON THAT VEHICLE IS A 245/40/18. I THINK YOU WILL SACRIFICE HANDLING AND VEHICLE STABILITY WITH SUCH A SMALL TIRE. I NORMALLY INSTALL THAT SIZE TIRE ON HONDA ACCORDS AND ACURA CL'S. I HAVE A 93 SC400 WITH 18X8.5 ON THE FRONT AND 18X10 ON THE REAR. I RUN A 245/40/18 ON THE FORNT AND 275/35/18 IN THE REAR. THE HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT.

definately go with 245/45/18 for the GS.

THAT TIRE IS MUCH TOO SMALL FOR THAT APPLICATION.  THE MINIMUM TIRE I'D GO WITH ON THAT VEHICLE IS A 245/40/18.  I THINK YOU WILL SACRIFICE HANDLING AND VEHICLE STABILITY WITH SUCH A SMALL TIRE.  I NORMALLY INSTALL THAT SIZE TIRE ON HONDA ACCORDS AND ACURA CL'S.  I HAVE A 93 SC400 WITH 18X8.5 ON THE FRONT AND 18X10 ON THE REAR.  I RUN A 245/40/18 ON THE FORNT AND 275/35/18 IN THE REAR.  THE HANDLING AND RIDE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT.

definately go with 245/45/18 for the GS.

Actually 245/40 would be closer to spec. 245/45 would be about 1" too big.