Not Gonna Drive My Car Til I Get Some Advice!

lucdaica

OKay,.... my power steering was leaking... fixed iit... but now i need to fill up the power steering.... i went to advance auto parts to ask for it... and the guy gives me... automatic transmision fuild.. in the back it says for toyota use... but i asked him... if its the same... he said yes... power steering and transmission fuild.. same thing for sc400... WEIRD!!!... is this true???/ im having my friend drive me to school 2morrow, becuase i refuse to mess up my car over some dudes mistake..... i need some advice before i pour that transmission fuild into my power steering...help!

How about some advice directly from Lexus? I copied and pasted the stuff below directly from Lexus's website:

Automatic Transmission Fluid

Question: What type of automatic transmission fluid is used in Lexus vehicles?

Answer:  Please check the inside back cover of your Owner's Manual for the type of transmission fluid your vehicle uses.

If you Owner's Manual specifies, T-II, you may only use T-II or T-IV.

If your Owner's Manual specifies, T-IV, you may only use T-IV.

If your Owner's Manual specifies Dexron II, you may only use Dexron II or Dexron III.

If your Owner's Manual specifies Dexron III, you may only use Dexron II or Dexron III.

Power Steering Fluid

Question: What type of power steering fluid is used in Lexus vehicles?

Answer:  Dexron III transmission fluid is used in Lexus power steering systems.

The ATF Fluid is the same fluid used in the Power Steering System...as the cap on the power steering reservoir should say.. use Dexron II only, same fluid for the Automatic Transmission. So to sum it up, the ATF fluid is Type II/Dexron II, and that fluid is also used in the power steering.