Seats Problem

tanksls

I have a 92 LS400 the drivers seat leans on one side. Also need the 2 fron seats recovered. I live in the Tulsa area now but always in dallas on weekends.

It sounds like the back/tilt shaft has slipped in the fitting; If one side goes up/down and the other side is fixed in same place, I know how to fix it.

New covers are available on Ebay.

• 4 months later...
I have a 92 LS400 the drivers seat leans on one side. Also need the 2 fron seats recovered. I live in the Tulsa area now but always in dallas on weekends.

It sounds like the back/tilt shaft has slipped in the fitting; If one side goes up/down and the other side is fixed in same place, I know how to fix it.

New covers are available on Ebay.

Please tell me how to fix it

please tell how to fix

There is a shaft that connects the gears on each side of the seat. The shaft slips one way or the other and comes off a spline, causing the offset.

Take off the seatback panel: Remove Two screws on bottom and pull upwards to free clips at top of seatback; Move seat until aligned; Find connecting shaft and slide left or right to re-engage spline; once engaged, test; put plastic ty-wrap around spline, next to shaft end, so it can't slide off again;replace seatback.

please tell how to fix

There is a shaft that connects the gears on each side of the seat. The shaft slips one way or the other and comes off a spline, causing the offset.

Take off the seatback panel: Remove Two screws on bottom and pull upwards to free clips at top of seatback; Move seat until aligned; Find connecting shaft and slide left or right to re-engage spline; once engaged, test; put plastic ty-wrap around spline, next to shaft end, so it can't slide off again;replace seatback.

Any pictures of doing this procedure?

please tell how to fix

Any pictures of doing this procedure?

no pics, sorry. It's a little hard to get into the seatback, but once there, you'll see how it works. When ours stuck, my sons girlfriend had put the seat all the way back, and it was a !Removed! to get under there. If your seat is mostly upright , it's alot easier.

John

Do you need short hand screwdriver even if you move the seat all the way forward? I can not see the two screws on the back of the seat. Are they at the top or bottom? Do they have any cover on it?

Do you need short hand screwdriver even if you move the seat all the way forward?  I can not see the two screws on the back of the seat.  Are they at the top or bottom?  Do they have any cover on it?

I'm trying to remember.... they might be in the bottom of the map pocket. If not, they are under the turn. The top of the seatback is held by clips. After the screws are found and removed, lift the seatback upwards to free the clips. A stub phillips screwdriver is required, I think.

John

• 7 months later...

hell o. Im having that the same problem with my drivers seat. well i got the backing off and i can see the rod and it is supposed to be plastic and mine is metal, so this has happened before,perhaps. I cant seem to make this rod move a whole lot,the space being really tight. FWIW the rod is at the bottom of seatback and if you move the lumbar all the way forward there will be a little more space to work with. If anyone has any other tips, they would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
hell o. Im having that the same problem with my drivers seat. well i got the backing off and i can see the rod and it is supposed to be plastic and mine is metal, so this has happened before,perhaps. I cant seem to make this rod move a whole lot,the space being really tight. FWIW the rod is at the bottom of seatback and if you move the lumbar all the way forward there will be a little more space to work with. If anyone has any other tips, they would sure be appreciated. Thanks in advance