Need Some Help If Anybody Knows The Needles

Nimski62

ok, I have a 1992 sc 300 and i want to take a 1995 sc 400's needles and put them in mine since they are not burnt out... figured they would work so I change them out... no luck :angry: so i try to change the guts out... still dont work... basicaly i want to have the needles from the 1995 sc 400 in my sc 300, but i dont want the miles from the sc 400 (300,000!!) neways if anybody knows nething i shud do ?? its sucha time consuming process... 6 hrs... nothing

ok, I have a 1992 sc 300 and i want to take a 1995 sc 400's needles and put them in mine since they are not burnt out... figured they would work so I change them out... no luck  :angry:  so i try to change the guts out... still dont work... basicaly i want to have the needles from the 1995 sc 400 in my sc 300, but i dont want the miles from the sc 400 (300,000!!) neways if anybody knows nething i shud do ?? its sucha time consuming process... 6 hrs... nothing

Did you disconnect the neg. battery terminal before you dove into this GRAND project ??? Are you sure the needles from the 400 work ???HOW DID YOU GO ABOUT TAKING THE OLD NEEDLES OFF ??? AND HOW DID YOU REPLACE THE NEEDLES ??? There is more to the dash that meets the eye!!!

ok, I have a 1992 sc 300 and i want to take a 1995 sc 400's needles and put them in mine since they are not burnt out... figured they would work so I change them out... no luck  :angry:  so i try to change the guts out... still dont work... basicaly i want to have the needles from the 1995 sc 400 in my sc 300, but i dont want the miles from the sc 400 (300,000!!) neways if anybody knows nething i shud do ?? its sucha time consuming process... 6 hrs... nothing

Ohh... the expert in this area is lextech.org. Might wanna ask him.

Mike

Mike

You should contact lextech.org They are the SC400/300 experts , ask for brian , NONE BETTER <_< :wacko:

Mike

You should contact lextech.org They are the SC400/300 experts , ask for brian , NONE BETTER <_< :wacko:

needles from the 92-94 will only fit the 92-94. 95-96 needles are reverse voltage and cannot be applied to the unit. Infact, you will destroy the new needles, and possibly the diodes in the cluster if you are one of those with a bad luck streak. reversing the voltage on anything is a no-no.

thank you... i changed the board (the black part with the MPH numbers) from the other cluster... the miles stayed from the other car... but i have bright needles now with the non-automatic board... its pretty cool...

how much would u sell ur old cluster how many miles on it?