Need Help Installing A Cd Player

My 1994 Lexus GS300 has a stock radio(without cd player), and I am trying to install an aftermarket CD player. I have an aftermarket CD player, I have a dash intall kit, but I don't have the proper wire harness. There are 2 plugs in the car that attach to the stock radio, I have a 1 plug wire harness(with RCA) that fits one of the plugs but doesn't have the proper pin out. I just got a 2 plug wire harness from ebay, but those plugs do not fit. Does anyone know of a wire harness that will work? Or the correct pin out so that I can connect the CD player harness to the correct wire in the car? I can post the pics of the car's wire plugs later, I don't have my camera on me right now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Walmart only had a TA021, not a TA02. The TA021 said it could be used for a lexus LX-something. I think that was the only TA they had... I guess I could call them during my lunch break. The wire harness that you are recommending-have you used it before for a GS300? I attached the pic of the back of the stock radio. I just want to make sure because I have already bought 2 wire harnesses so far, and I want to make sure the next one I get is the correct one.post-14330-1101917068_thumb.jpg

Just go to Walmart and they should have a Scosche catalog that you could use to cross reference. It's not called a TA02 at Walmart...there's an extra number at the end of it....I thought it was TA028 but it might of been TA021. What do the plugs on your car look like? Take a pic of it.

it wont allow me to attach the pic of the other plug. If you scroll back up to the pic of the back of my stock radio, that is what the plugs that I think I need would look like. I'm still going to fiddle with the wire harness that Turbo said would work.

Turbo: Do you know what the extra blue plug is for, if all I need to do is hook into the white one with that harness you recommended?

The wire harness that Turbo said I should use:

RCA plugs:

White

Grey

Purple

Aqua Green

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Dark Blue

Light Blue with White Stripe

The wire harness that attaches to my aftermarket CD Player:

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Orange with White Stripe

White with Black Stipe

Blue with White Stripe(remote output only tag attached)

White

Aqua Green

Purple

Aqua Green with Black Stripe

Purple with Black Stripe

Grey

Grey Black Stripe

How would you suggest I connect this? My CD player does have RCA plugs.

it wont allow me to attach the pic of the other plug.  If you scroll back up to the pic of the back of my stock radio, that is what the plugs that I think I need would look like.  I'm still going to fiddle with the wire harness that Turbo said would work. 

Turbo: Do you know what the extra blue plug is for, if all I need to do is hook into the white one with that harness you recommended?

One is for the changer, I can't remember which one, obviously whatever one the harness doesn't fit. It comes prewired for a changer, even if you didn't get it. :whistles:

RCA plugs:

White

Grey

Purple

Aqua Green

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Dark Blue

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Orange with White Stripe

White with Black Stipe

White

Aqua Green

Purple

Purple with Black Stripe

Grey

Grey Black Stripe

How would you suggest I connect this?  My CD player does have RCA plugs.

MATCH all the same colors to each other( black to black, red to red, yellow to yellow, blue to blue, blue\white to blue\white.etc). DON'T USE ANY OF THE SPKR LEADS FROM THE AFTERMARKET RADIO, JUST THE RCA's :whistles:

RCA plugs:

White

Grey

Purple

Aqua Green

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Dark Blue

Wires:

Black

Red

Yellow

Orange with White Stripe

White with Black Stipe

White

Aqua Green

Purple

Purple with Black Stripe

Grey

Grey Black Stripe

How would you suggest I connect this?  My CD player does have RCA plugs.

MATCH all the same colors to each other( black to black, red to red, yellow to yellow, blue to blue, blue\white to blue\white.etc). DON'T USE ANY OF THE SPKR LEADS FROM THE AFTERMARKET RADIO, JUST THE RCA's :whistles:

I bought that same harness off of ebay and haven't installed it yet, is that the correct one?

What about the wires that don't have a corresponding color?

Dark Blue on RCA wire harness

No Dark Blue on CD player wire harness.

Orange w/ white stripe on the CD player harness,

none on the RCA wire harness.

I do know that the orange w/white stripe is supposed to be for illumination. I have no idea what the Dark Blue wire on the RCA wire harness if for; its not the remote i don't think, the remote wire on the CD player harness is Light Blue w/ white stripe, and there IS one of those on the RCA wire harness.

Also I have plugs for a subwolfer on my CD player but nothing to connect it to...

none on the  RCA wire harness.

I do know  that the orange w/white stripe  is supposed to be for illumination.  I have no idea what the Dark Blue wire on the RCA wire harness if for; its not the remote i don't think, the remote wire on the CD player harness is Light Blue w/ white stripe, and there IS one of those on the RCA wire harness.

Also I have plugs for a subwolfer on my CD player but nothing to connect it to...

Dk Blue to blue/white with other blue/white, don't worry about the illumination or sub rca you can't use them, unless you tap into the illumination wire or add a sub. capeche :whistles:

none on the  RCA wire harness.

I do know  that the orange w/white stripe  is supposed to be for illumination.  I have no idea what the Dark Blue wire on the RCA wire harness if for; its not the remote i don't think, the remote wire on the CD player harness is Light Blue w/ white stripe, and there IS one of those on the RCA wire harness.

Dk Blue to blue/white with other blue/white, don't worry about the illumination or sub rca you can't use them, unless you tap into the illumination wire or add a sub. capeche :whistles:

hey did you ever get that harness to work, I tested mine yesterday, matched all wires to there colors, not getting anything from the aftermarket cd player and I know it works...I'm assuming the black and red wires are positive and ground so I should atleast lights??????????

Hey what's up guys, just reading up on your posts, I have an after market indash dvd player and couldn't use any of the stock parts. Had to cut all the lines from the stock amp and re-route them to my stereo's brain box. You might want to go that route instead of using a harness. Besides, you might get distortion with both the watts being put out by your aftermarket deck and stock amp.

Tried to use that wire harness TURBO recommended, didn't work. The pwr comes in through the blue plug so I need that. I'm going to try the other recommended wire harness kit.....

If that doesn't work I'll get a wire diagram...

if that doesn't work I'm going to scream and shout and then rewire my car...