Need Help Installing A Cd Player

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used that harness before and it worked, I'm almost positive it plugs into the blue plug, the white plug is for the changer. Are you sure you're not plugging it into the wrong harness?

you know what I plugged mine into the white harness because it doesn't seem to fit the blue one

:P Sorry guys, it looks like I'm wrong. On mine I didn't use the harness, I thought it was because I didn't have access to it. However, maybe that's why, beause it didn't fit, hmmm? I tested the wires and stripped back the insulation and wrapped and taped. I only had to do the power wires as I'm running amps. I guess the next step would be to try the standard toyota harness. I looked online, but got conflicting results. :blink:

hey I found another harness on ebay and this one looks like the right one, it has 2 plugs, the first one that I brought only had one plug, and after reading the auction over I realized that it does state, in smaller print, that the harness can only be used if hooking up a aftermarket amp....tell me what you think, does this look like the right one?

post-7339-1102612211_thumb.jpg

hey I found another harness on ebay and this one looks like the right one, it has 2 plugs, the first one that I brought only had one plug, and after reading the auction over I realized that it does state, in smaller print, that the harness can only be used if hooking up a aftermarket amp....tell me what you think, does this look like the right one?

Thats a standard Toyota harness, available at walmart or anywhere. They only make three harnesses for toyota's the one with RCA's, which didn't work, the standard one, and one for like 86 and earlier. So by simple deduction, if there is a harness that one would have to be it.

the one from walmart is that TA02?

At Walmart it's labeled as TA028 or TA021...it's the exact same harness as the TA02. They should have a Scosche catalog there that you could use to cross reference.

ok I just brought the TA02 off of ebay, I will let you guys know how it goes when I try to install it....if this doesn't work I'm going to the professionals.....it's funny because they usually charge between $50-75 bucks to install a radio and I think that with all the money I have put out for the install kit $25.00 and the 2 harnesses $15.00, time spent trying to figure this out "priceless"

• 2 weeks later...

:cries: damnit, this harness ta02 doesn't work either, atleast the other one fit!!!!!!!!!!!! ok off to harness number 4

Been keeping track of this post and I was wondering how you're doing on finding the right harness. I haven't order or buy a harnesses yet but I got all the other stuff like Head unit, amps, dash kit, subwoofer, and wiring kits. If anybody know of an aftermarket head unit wiring harness for 2000 gs 300 then please post.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be no plug and play wiring harness around so I'm going to attempt to hook it up the old school way.

Vehicle Wiring color code on 2000 Lexus GS 300

RADIO MEMORY -BLU/YEL

RADIO SWITCHED-GRY

RADIO GROUND-WHT/BLK-

RADIO ILLUMINATION-GRN/WHT+

FRONT SPEAKER SIZE-5 1/4''

FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER POSITIVE-PNK

FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER NEGATIVE-NA

FRONT LEFT SPEAKER POSITIVE-BLK

FRONT LEFT SPEAKER NEGATIVE-WHT

REAR SPEAKER SIZE-6 1/2''

RIGHT REAR SPEAKER POSITIVE-LT GRN

RIGHT REAR SPEAKER NEGATIVE-VIO

REAR LEFT SPEAKER POSITIVE-RED

REAR LEFT SPEAKER NEGATIVE-GRN

POWER ANTENNA TRIGGER-RED/BLK

SECURITY INFORMATION

STARTER-BLK+

TACH WIRE-BLK/YEL

TACH LOCATION-MOD UNDER HOOD DR SIDE 28 PIN CONN PIN16

IGNITION WIRE-BLK/YEL

IGN 2 WIRE-BLK/WHT+

ACCESSORY WIRE-BLU/YEL+

BRAKE SW-GRN/WHT+

SPEED SENSE-BLU/YEL

SPEED LOCATION-PIN 5 CONN E4 IN BLK BOX DR. SIDE OF ENG

WINDOW UP-LF:RED

WINDOW DOWN-LF:GRN

TRUNK WIRE-VIO/YEL(-)

HEAD LIGHTS-RED/BLK(-)U

HOOD PIN SWITCH-VIO/GRN(-)

TRUNK SWITCH WIRE-RED/WHT(-)

CONSTANT POWER-WHT/BLU+

TRIGGER-BODY MODULE

DOOR LOCK-LT.GRN/BLK(-)

DOOR UNLOCK-LT.GRN/RED(-)

PARK LIGHT WIRE-GRN(+)

HORN WIRE-GRN/BLK(-)

Ok I started this morning at 9:00. Since I took out the factory dash kit already all I had to do was put together the new dash kit I got from Autotoys with the new Pioneer (premier)460mp as the head unit. Which was a prefect fit. Then I strip the BLUE with yellow stripe and hook it to the Battery+ of the Pioneer, strip the GRAY wire and hook it to the ACC. These two wires are on the smaller plug that plugs into the factory radio. Don't worry about the other plug or wires. I then took out the cd changer so that I could have access to the amp. Unplug the bottom two harness(white plugs) from amp and strip:

FRONT LEFT SPEAKER: PINK+, PURPLE-

FRONT RIGHT SPEAKER: LIGHT GREEN+, BLUE-

REAR LEFT SPEAKER: BLACK+, YELLOW-

REAR RIGHT SPEAKER: RED+, WHITE-

10'' SUB: LIGHT GREEN with RED STRIPE+, LIGHT GREEN with BLACK STRIPE-

I ran those wires from amp to the head unit. The head unit only has wires for the four speakers so I hooked the sub wires with the right rear speakers. It sounds way better than the factory system. It seems like the new head unit's internal amp is more powerful than the stock amp.

I could always unplug the sub wires from the sub because I had changed the factory 10'' sub with an Alpine 10'' type S. Later on today or tomorrow, I'll hook up my new MTX 421D amp to the 10'' sub. I'm still waiting on a sub enclosure to get here so I could use my MTX 8512-44 with that amp.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the 12'' sub box the other day(q-logic) I had the choice of leaving it sealed or make it ported. I chose ported. I took out the Alpine 10'' so I could push the box all the way back behind the seats.(a snug fit) This way there will be an opening for the bass to travel through into the car. My system is bumping now.

Got the 12'' sub box the other day(q-logic) I had the choice of leaving it sealed or make it ported. I chose ported. I took out the Alpine 10'' so I could push the box all the way back behind the seats.(a snug fit) This way there will be an opening for the bass to travel through into the car. My system is bumping now.

Sounds good!! B) I've had a couple of the qlogic boxes, i've found they sound a little better if you go through w/liquid nails and reseal the inside as may of them leak. Also depending on which 12" box you got, you may want to addd some polyfill to the inside to make it sound a little better. Tune the port as well.

Polyfil doesn't do !Removed! for a ported enclosure.

Oh yeaH? Tell that to Wayne Harris, do you even know who he is??? :lol: You just think you know everything :lol:

Once the speaker and port openings are cut, put some silicone sealant on the tip of your index finger and reach into the enclosure to seal the inside joints of the baffle board. It's very important for the enclosure to be completely airtight; air leakage reduces the system's power-handling capacity and causes distortion. Once the joints are sealed, I recommend covering three adjacent inside walls – back, top, and bottom, for example – with 1 to 2 inches of polyfill (available at fabric stores for about $1.50 a bag). The use of filler will help minimize midbass resonances.

Okay, I'll tell Wayne Harris...what's his phone number?

It's a ported enclosure...that means there is a hole in the enclosure TurboGS. Stop quoting other people...speak for yourself.

You mean a 4th or 5th order enclosure has a hole in it????????????? OMG !!!! You're sooooo damn smart. I've been paid (quite well) to do this for the last 15 years professionally and I never knew that. All this time I thought they were just cupholders for big gulps or really kewl trash cans. Well you sure showed me. You should like go work for Rockford Fosgate and maybe then you'll learn who Wayne Harris is or Mark Fukada, since you're sooo smart , you could probabaly be their boss. i bet they would hire someone with your knowledge and experience in a heartbeat, you're depriving them of your awesome knowledge and experience. You should just quit you day job and go start your own stereo install shop, cause you know it all. :lol: Can I please see some pictures of your awesome work, please, so I can learn the right way to install!

:snoooorrrtttt:

Nah, I'd rather work for JL...can I?!?

For all I know you could be bullshtin me about your 15 years of experience...seems more like 15 days. If you've been paid "quite well" for doing this for the past 15 years, howcome you don't have your own shop yet buddy?

Cause I know it all? I'm not the one running my mouth about this guy and that guy and blah blah blah. You're just sitting around cutting and pasting info from different sites. There's no need to write whole essays when you respond...just don't toss around crappy knowledge.

Hole, slot...whatever you want to call it. You had a hard time understanding that the enclosure isn't a sealed enclosure so I had to explain it to you. This is like the other run we had about 4" and 6 1/2" speakers...you have weak points.

Can you stop talking about this guy and that guy?...I don't swing that way bro.