Wierd Noise From Sub

white ice

i just installed my new pioneer sub and it sounds really good. i have a RF 2001s using the high level inputs. when i turn off the radio i a loud vrrrrrrrr noise coming from the sub. i checked all the wires and they look good. i ahve tried rewiring everything but havent had any luck. im to the point where i am just going to put a switch in the car and always use that after the radio comes on and before it goes off. ahhh. this is driving me crazy. any help?????

sound like a ground loop.

does the pich change with the engine revs?

if so its prob. alternator whine, if not it's a ground loop.

check all your grounding points, if need be sand the point and replace the wire.

If you still have the hum, try a in-line ground loop isolator. $15 at radio shack.

yeah, mine does the "pop" too.

I never got the ground loop, but mine had some pretty bad alternator whine. Lucky for me when I put on the low pass filter on my amp it filters out the whine.

the brrrrr noise REALLY sound like a ground loop, where do you have the new amp grounded to?

1st i grounded it to what i think is the shock brackets: to the left and right of the gas tank there are three bolts. now it is grounded to one of the top left bolt that holds in the gas tank. does that ground isolator take out that pop?