Help- Does My Rx330 Have Side Impact Bags?

boatdetective

Hello- I just bought a KILLER '04 RX330 yesterday and am still in limbo. I would like to get seat covers to protect the rich corinthian leather, but note that the makers say I cannot use them on vehicles with side impact bags in the seat. I looked on the side of my seat and did NOT see a blow away plastic panel. Does anyone know if side impact is standard on the 04 330, or an option? any clues on how i can tell? Finally- is there a work around seat cover that may be used with the 330?

THANKS!

Jonathan

We have side impact bags, but not in the seats!

Why in the world would you want to cover up the nice leather seats??  Might as well have bought cloth seats

I completely agree with Booyah, why you want to spend money for leather seat and then attempt to hide them? By the way, in my opinion, put cover seat on may damage the leather in 2 ways. First, cloth cover constantly rubs on leather may dries and cracks it. Second, with cover seat on, it is not easy to know when leather needs treatments.

On the bright side, you may claim that you have a unique Lexus with cloth seat! :)

Why in the world would you want to cover up the nice leather seats??  Might as well have bought cloth seats

I completely agree with Booyah, why you want to spend money for leather seat and then attempt to hide them? By the way, in my opinion, put cover seat on may damage the leather in 2 ways. First, cloth cover constantly rubs on leather may dries and cracks it. Second, with cover seat on, it is not easy to know when leather needs treatments.

On the bright side, you may claim that you have a unique Lexus with cloth seat! :)

Im so glad you agree with me! I get leather so Ican enjoy the feeling of them, I would never cover them with anything, unless of course I was very dirty and until I get clean again :cheers:

This piece is from both the Canadian & U.S. websites regarding the air bag's in the 2004 & 2005 RX models. This is standard equipment.... Enjoy! B)

Airbags:

The RX's sophisticated network of sensors and airbags includes a front seat-mounted side airbag with a larger protection area than the conventional side airbag. A driver's dual-stage airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) [1] deploys in one of three speeds, depending on many factors including crash severity and driver's seat track position. Similarly, the front passenger dual-stage airbag uses occupant weight and crash-severity sensors to monitor its deployment. And rounding out this impressive system are front and rear roll-sensing side curtain airbags and a driver's-knee airbag.

And look at this.....I just got 'bumped' up to "Guru" member now that I've reached the 1,000 post mark. :D :lol: ;)

:cheers:

Well, I hate to say it- butr there are those times when I get filthy on the job. I wanted something that I could quickly slip over the seat when the going gets dirty. I agree- I love the leather and wouldn't leave it on. BTW- what do you find works best in maintaining the leather?

Well, I hate to say it- butr there are those times when I get filthy on the job. I wanted something that I could quickly slip over the seat when the going gets dirty. I agree- I love the leather and wouldn't leave it on. BTW- what do you find works best in maintaining the leather?

I may not be the best person to answer this since I am a lazy guy! But I try to apply some leather conditioner once a year. Between that, leather wipes are the quickest way to go. :whistles:

side airbags are on the side, in the seat. maybe what ur talking about is the curtain airbags