Rx400h Tidbits

RX400h

This info was sent to me recently from Lexus:

Seven colors are currently available: Black Onyx, Flint Mica, Neptune Blue Mica, Crystal White, Millennium Silver Metallic, Savannah Metallic and Bamboo Pearl.

Other options include:

Navigation system [1] with a seven-inch touch-panel display

screen and backup camera [2]

Mark Levinson® [3] Premium Audio System

Rear DVD entertainment system

The vehicle also comes standard with:

Power front-seat adjustment

Leather-trimmed interior

High-Intensity Discharge headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Front

Lighting System (AFS)

Rain-sensing windshield wipers

18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels

Official release date is confirmed as April 15th, 2005.

For those of you RX330 or other Lexus model owners who have the navigation system - do any of you pay an update fee for the map software? If so, how much is it and how often is it offered?

Thanks!

Dave

Yeah, the updates for the system come out every year. Its about $500 from the dealer, $288 online (easy to do yourself). You don't have to update every year, just when there are areas added that you're interested in. Mine is an 03 with 02 software thats never been updated and its fine around here.

Yeah, the updates for the system come out every year. Its about $500 from the dealer, $288 online (easy to do yourself). You don't have to update every year, just when there are areas added that you're interested in. Mine is an 03 with 02 software thats never been updated and its fine around here.

That's what I thought. At least you're not forced into updating via some sort of contract.

Thanks for the info!

It seems odd that they charge so much for the updates. I have Delorme Street Atlas on my computer which will attach to a GPS and do directions as you drive. I update it most years which costs about $25.