Remote Starters

I am interested in getting a remote starter for my wife's 01' RX but I have read that getting an aftermarket starter installed is a bit tricky. Does anyone know if having an aftermarket one put in will affect the security system, etc. What would be the cost to purchase one from Lexus and have them install it? Any insight would be great. Thanks.

Lexus doesn;t know anything about starters or installing them, the ones they do get put in are the cheapest bidder for installation and product who goes to the dealer to install it.

For the same price of around $1000 to have it installed the same guy would install it at his shop for $300

You need to figure out features you want to buy one.

I am interested in getting a remote starter for my wife's 01' RX but I have read that getting an aftermarket starter installed is a bit tricky.  Does anyone know if having an aftermarket one put in will affect the security system, etc.  What would be the cost to purchase one from Lexus and have them install it?  Any insight would be great.  Thanks.

Yes, aftermarket remote starters are tricky but offers a number of features. If you are ok with the range on your remote and want the least intrusive install, try this:

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_start.php

Not the same features as the aftermarket ones but this will do the job pretty well.