Polymer Paint Treatment

My dealer is suggesting Solar Shield "multi-polymar sealant" paint treatment for a New ES 330. The paint treatment is provided at a cost of $699 for the life of the car which includes recoats every six months. The interior is treated with Fabric Guard, and the leather is treated every six months in concert with the Solar Shield polymer recoats. Has anyone ever heard of this product which is applied by machine. I'm thinking if I keep the car five years, it would average out to $69 bucks per detail job... :)

My dealer is suggesting Solar Shield "multi-polymar sealant" paint treatment for a New ES 330. The paint treatment is provided at a cost of $699 for the life of the car which includes recoats every six months. The interior is treated with Fabric Guard, and the leather is treated every six months in concert with the Solar Shield polymer recoats. Has anyone ever heard of this product which is applied by machine. I'm thinking if I keep the car five years, it would average out to $69 bucks per detail job...  :)

I wouldn't do it. It's just another dealer pack high profit item.

If you're financing the car, you're also paying interest on that $699.

DON'T pay for that. They don't have anything special. Read what SWO said and save your money. Find someone in your area that always has a spotless car and ask them to wax it. Read up on the forums and carefully select your wax.

The other option is do it yourself, but I know time is at a premium.

Thanks to all of you for the sage advice. After looking at some other posts on the site, and choosing a wax, I went ahead and gave the new 05 ES330 the once over with Meguiars NXT tech and it came out real well. I also used the same wax on our 03 Camry (Lunar Mist Metallic Silver). The results were impressive and the product was real easy to work with...

Thanks again.... :cheers:

The paint is much smoother and the application of the NXT Tech was easier than any wax products I had used before, especially removing the excess from the crevices.

I had a good time hangin' in the garage making the cars look good.... :D

It's also good to be $675 ahead at the bank!