Jump to content

Dash Console Question


Recommended Posts

What exactly is that device on the dash console just to the right of the AC & stereo unit?

For the three years I had spent searching ebaymotors, autotrader.com and others in search of my SC400 (before I was in a position to actually buy one), I noticed something that some SC interiors had but most didn't - that curvy looking piece of dash accessory mounted vertically on the dash. My SC doesn't have one. I use the empty space to put stuff in, like parking passes.

I was once lead to believe that this piece was an aftermarket pop-out cup-holder (or post-production dealer accessory). I've only seen it in pictures of other peoples cars. In fact, even the showroom brochure for my year ('93) shows that spot empty. {yes, I actually kept the SC brochure I got from the Detroit International Auto Show in 1993} :rolleyes:

So what exactly is that thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's kinda what I figured. So, was it a standard item - and most people have just snatched them out? What year did they start offering it? - Not that I want to get one. I'll take your word on the pop-spillage thing. The last thing I need is pop all in the my console.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...