mufflers mellow sound or no sound

I am an older guy who has stock mufflers on every vehicle but one, a 1968 Pontiac Catalina convertible. I was thinking about a mellow-sounding exhaust—nothing loud. I was in Myrtle Beach, and an LS 400 pulled alongside at a light. It had a mellow sound that I would like to have. Any Idea for muffler replacement would be appreciated.

Check out Magnaflow mufflers. I believe they have a variety of types, depending upon your sound preference. Independent muffler shops can sample various mufflers before you commit to any one. That's what I did for my Miata.

Thanks; I appreciate the information. Using headphones, I have compared the sound bites of Magnaflow, Flowmaster, and Thrush mufflers. I have all but ruled out Flowmaster.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your input. I haven't made a decision yet. Thrush mufflers on their sound pages with headphones might be what I am looking for. I don't want to spend the money and regret it.