TX 500h won’t shift out of park, poor mpg

eamundso

1800 miles and 6 weeks into our TX 500h, after short stop to buy groceries the TX would not shift out of park. The IC engine started, but the dash gave malfunction warnings pictured below, instructing us to visit our dealer. We had it towed to the dealer. It took the tow truck driver approximately 30 minutes to get the vehicle into neutral. Two days later the dealer explained that the “oscillator” needed to be replaced, but that the part was “back ordered” and will be delivered in 18 days. 

We have also been getting pitiful gas mileage(less than 300 miles on 15 gallon premium gas fill ups(less than 20 mpg)) despite running on eco mode and keeping the recommended 38 psi cold tire pressures. 

The dealer has not explained how replacing the “oscillator” will remedy the above issues. 

Has anyone had similar problems with a Lexus hybrid?

IMG_9532.jpeg

IMG_9531.jpeg

IMG_9530.jpeg

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9528.jpeg

A 12V battery that is not good makes the computer malfunction which could explain most or all of your problems. But Lexus could also be right.

Fuel consume high? Heavy car. 20 mpg.

The tiny CT we have has better mileage when in NORMAL and not driving in ECO. But 7 liter each 100 km (33.6 mpg) far from what first expected.

Almost twice of what Lexus promised, but all car factories are bending the truth when it comes to selling cars.

My TX500h was great for a while, but then started experiencing poor gas mileage. It then lost almost all power and I had alternating error messages about the hybrid system just as I started on a long trip on June 3. I had the car towed to the dealership on June 4. I was told that the hybrid computer module failed and was back ordered. My car is third on the waitlist. The part has to come from Japan and has an expected arrival of earl July. The dealership gave me a TX350 as a loaner, but they won’t let me drive it out of state. I bought the car for long trips, mainly out of state, so I am out of luck. I thought Lexus vehicles were reliable.