Ringing sound

My 2023 RX350 hybrid with 4500 miles on the clock started a few days ago making ringing sounds. The sound is quite audible especially in a confined space like the garage. The sound is higher pitched in forward or neutral than in reverse. In park it is quiet.  The dealer here in Naples tells me this is normal but I don't believe it unless hybrids normally develop such ringing sounds early on. Does anyone have experience with this?

Hello, Robin. Did your dealership check for a Technical Service Bulletin that is described below?

Lexus released a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) to address the fourth gen RX 350’s droning problem. Dealers will add a damper or counterweight near the catalytic converter to minimize the harmonic resonance that’s causing the droning and vibration.  Some dealers have even gone as far as replacing the center section of the exhaust.

Thanks for the feedback. Would this apply to either the hybrids or the turbos?

The short answer to your question is No. They left a customer service agent to tell me that it's normal with hybrids but I'm not buying it.

• 1 month later...

My 2023 Lexus RX350H just started making the same ringing noise when in gear at 3900 miles. Pretty noisy in the garage and when you put in in park it makes a noise like a motor winding down.  I just got it back from the dealership for a sporadic popping noise on the roof that they think they have fixed.

It is going back to the dealership today. 

Thanks for your input. For what it's worth, I went back to the dealer and asked for a test drive in another 350 Hybrid to see if both cars made the same sounds. And they did. So, reluctantly I have to conclude that this IS normal as the dealer suggested. I used to have a Camry Hybrid which never made such sounds. I don't know what the different characteristic is of the Lexus hybrid drive that makes such a ringing sound. Maybe someone who is a car mechanic can explain that to me. In the meantime, I'll just have to suck it up. Other than that, it's a great car.

Thanks for responding. I'm hearing the same thing from the dealership too about it being normal.  If mine made a ringing noise when I first bought it, I think it was not near a loud as it is now. I had a Camry Hybrid also and it didn't make this noise. I'm going to dig a little deeper and see if I can get more information. I know I'm not happy with the noise. I've also had a sporadic popping noise coming from the roof that they haven't been able to fix so far. It sounds like an acorn landing on the roof. It has made the noise in all four corners of the roof. I've taken in 5 times now. They may get the SUV back if they can't fix it.