Extended Warranty?

gadget

I have a 2000 RX300 with 46000 miles. Lexus offerred me and additional 36,000/3yrs @ $1550.00 or better is 50,000 miles 4yrs @$1925.00. Is it worth buying? would appreciate your input. thank you. my email is: gadget2@mindspring.com

Well how reliable has your current ride been? If it's been pretty much problem free then perhaps you don't need the extended warranty. But if, for whatever reasons, you have had a lot of warranty work so far, then you may want to extend your coverage. In general, an extended warranty is usually very profitable for the company selling it. Just take a look at extended warranties for computers, tvs, dvds, vcr's, etc. Salesmen make good commission for selling extended warranties.

My wife and I have a 2003 RX300. If it were my choice, I would not have picked up the extended warranty, but because it's my wife's ride, she wanted the extended coverage. Basically she would rather pay for the extra peace of mind.

Lexus reliability is excellent and the extended warranty would bring me up to the 100,000 mile mark. If i should sell it with 90,000 miles on it i can still relieve the buyer of many worries because they will have a 10,000 mile warranty and that should help me recoup a good part of the $1950.00 it would cost me. besides piece of mind i am sure it will help on the resale. (if i sell it before the warranty runs out. thanks for your input and good luck with yours., allen