New Sc430 2005 - Any Advice?

rustybrick

Get rid of the run-flats because you will be sorry you have them, and LEXUS will not care one bit. Your ride will improve dramatically with regular tires. If you have a flat in run-flats, yes, they will run flat, but it will be very difficult to find a replacement. I wound up spending 1100 bucks on new tires. Love them, love the ride is great, the ride is smooth and easier to control. BUT, Lexus wasn't the least bit concerned about my problems, difficulty or expense :censored: .

Rustybrick,

How'd you like the ride in the first place........?

Maybe the runflats are OK for you......

I am going to pick up the car in 3 hours. I just wanted to make sure I tell the dealer everything before I sign on the final dotted line.

I spoke with him about the tires, he said I can buy my own tires but they will run around 1k. He said that these are the only tires that Lexus currently makes for the car.

Since this is my first car like this, I am coming from an Accord, I doubt there will be a problem with the drive. :) He said, the people that notice, are those who drove other Lexus's or BMWs, and Mercedes.

I picked it up. Damn its a sweet car. Its raining like crazy here, but the handling was good. I did not fly down the roads, because I am in 'baby mode' with the car.

I did notice it is not as smooth as the ES.

But I need to see how it handles when its not so wet and dark outside.

Really nice car.

I picked it up.  Damn its a sweet car.  Its raining like crazy here, but the handling was good.  I did not fly down the roads, because I am in 'baby mode' with the car.

I did notice it is not as smooth as the ES.

But I need to see how it handles when its not so wet and dark outside.

Really nice car.

:cheers: Congratulations.  I have a 2004 SC (my first Lexus which led me to buy a LS 430 2 months later).  I truly like the car and truly hate the dealer.  There are two things about the car that I don't care for; 1. The runflats are harsh and 2. The transmission is sluggish which really takes away from the the performance of the car; glad I kept my CL 55 Mercedes.  Other than that, the car is a real treat and great value for the $.

Lou K