Hi All

I am a proud new (to me) owner of a 2022 RX350 & am hoping to get some guidance on how to use google maps on the SUV screen. So here is my situation, I do not have a data plan on my cell phone. I do have Android Auto on my cell phone. I have downloaded some google maps using wifi onto my cell phone using the offline method. Has anyone here been able to sync their cellphone to the SUV screen & use the preloaded google maps for navigation? If yes would you please as best you can, give me step by step instructions on how you did this? I take possession on Monday & am hoping to get this done while sitting at the dealership parking lot. Thanks

Do not use the built-in navigation. It is crab.

Takes 10 times longer to enter address than google maps on phone.

Smartphone GPS is far more up to date.

For free.

Where Lexus charge and arm and white of the eyes just to update it.

2 minutes ago, Lexus-CT said:

Do not use the built-in navigation. It is crab.

Takes 10 times longer to enter address than google maps on phone.

Smartphone GPS is far more up to date.

For free.

Where Lexus charge and arm and white of the eyes just to update it.

Thanks for the reply Lexus-CT. I don't need to worry on using the Lexus nav because there is not one in this SUV. I must use either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. I would never have guessed a newer model Lexus to not be equipped with a nav system but here we are. 

2 hours ago, dommm said:

Thanks for the reply Lexus-CT. I don't need to worry on using the Lexus nav because there is not one in this SUV. I must use either Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. I would never have guessed a newer model Lexus to not be equipped with a nav system but here we are. 

Maybe Lexus has found out that the built-in from Lexus is not nearly as good as what smartphones deliver for free. The CT has Lexus navigation, but not worth using.

6 minutes ago, Lexus-CT said:

Maybe Lexus has found out that the built-in from Lexus is not nearly as good as what smartphones deliver. The CT has Lexus navigation, but not worth using.

My previous car was a 2016 Lexus ES350 & I know where you are coming from regarding their nav system.