Daytime Driving Lights

Does the '98 model have daytime driving lights? Meaning the low beams are on without the parking or license lights on?

I've seen a couple of '98s with this feature but cannot replicate in my car. I checked the drivers manual and it says no.

thanks for your response.

the parking lights work just perfectly as drl's.

I always have them on. and they turn off once the doors open when you get out of the car.

you can even leave the lights on all the time... but thats a waste i think.

I have a US 98 ES300 and it originally had daytime running lights - i hate the stupid things. In the front of the car, near the battery under the hood is a little black box with fuses in it. it is about two inches deep and 6 inches wide. In there are the fuses to operate the daytime running lights. I simply removed the fused to remove this feature. So check for this box under you hood, and if it's missing the fuses - replace them to gain the daytime running light feature back.

Personally i think its assinine - it's daytime - if you can't see me during the day without my lights on - then you shouldn't be driving - thats how i feel about them - but thats just my opinion!

Personally i think its assinine  -  it's daytime - if you can't see me during the day without my lights on - then you shouldn't be driving - thats how i feel about them - but thats just my opinion!

A car with DRL on is much more visible to not only other drivers, but to pedestrians. What if your kid crossing the street was hit by a car that would otherwise have been visible sooner if it had DRL? What if YOU were the driver of the car that hit a kid when he/she started to cross the street because he/she did not see you in time? Would you still oppose them? There is a reason why Canada made them mandatory, and why GM has made them standard on USDM cars.

If you oppose them, then I think YOU should not be driving. That's how I feel, but that's just my opinion! :censored:

Personally i think its assinine  -  it's daytime - if you can't see me during the day without my lights on - then you shouldn't be driving - thats how i feel about them - but thats just my opinion!

A car with DRL on is much more visible to not only other drivers, but to pedestrians. What if your kid crossing the street was hit by a car that would otherwise have been visible sooner if it had DRL? What if YOU were the driver of the car that hit a kid when he/she started to cross the street because he/she did not see you in time? Would you still oppose them? There is a reason why Canada made them mandatory, and why GM has made them standard on USDM cars.

If you oppose them, then I think YOU should not be driving. That's how I feel, but that's just my opinion! :censored:

Do I think DRL are a waste no. Now that almost every car has one, it is the norm for pasenger cars. People say they are for safety and I agree. But on the flip side for the last 92 years they were no DRL and we were fine.

As it is easier for people too see, how many kids really look when crossing? They think they own the road. You also still get the same things on the road with DRL or not. Also you do not see fed, state and local PD with DRL...hmmmm

I do not have them on my 98 Es (thank god) and my bike has DRL since new (1994). I disconnected 2 out of 3 since I love driving at night and then one pops! I had that happen 3 times so far and that is enough.

I think it should be UP to the driver/owner to decide it and not be mandated. Then the insurance people would whine, then the manufactures for some reason, then the church groups, then the NAACA, then the MADD, driving schools, ……..

Again, you have to be politically correct now-a-days or people shoot you down, big time!

I have a US 98 ES300 and it originally had daytime running lights - i hate the stupid things.  In the front of the car, near the battery under the hood is a little black box with fuses in it.  it is about two inches deep and 6 inches wide.  In there are the fuses to operate the daytime running lights.  I simply removed the fused to remove this feature.  So check for this box under you hood, and if it's missing the fuses - replace them to gain the daytime running light feature back. 

In response to your advise on replacing the fuses, my ES is missing that fuse box altogether. Apparently Lexus only put that fuse box in for the Canadian ES300s. Thanks for your input anyway. As far as DRLs are concerned, I like the idea of being more visible and too bad my car doesn't have them. Oh well, no biggy. Guess I'll just use the parking lights.

I don't understand why so many americans oppose DRL's.  Why care if your car has them of not?  They don't do anything detrimental.  It's a safety issue.

I personally want to be able to choose what I want and not be mandated what I have to do. It is like gun safetys. Some love them some hate them.

Give the owner the choice and I think they would be happier, since it is THEIR car.