Lexus Hybrid SUVs w/lithium-ion batteries PROHIBITED?

SFBayRealty

Hi all, this article, "Why E-Bikes, EVs and Laptops Are Catching Fire," makes me ask,

Are the HYBRID BATTERIES in my 2011 Lexus rx450H related to this fire issue? Anyone experience fire?

Why this is important to me: I asked a Container Shipping company for a quote for my Lexus, and i was told NO LITHION ION BATTERY vehicles allowed!

Thanx!

The batteries from 2011 are Ni-Mh and not Li-Ion. Here the OEM batteries are warranted 15 years if maintained yearly (cost 60€] by Lexus. Meaning you pay 720€ to have a warranted battery 15 years; first years are warranted from factory. Li-Ion last less. Just ask drivers of electric cars.

Are proton batteries what we need in order not to make the climate worse by not doing anything that politicians are used to, while they only care about making money?

Li-ions and cobalt are not a solution, as the search for them is destroying the planet. It doesn't look like the climate situation will improve on its own.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/proton-battery-technology/8560049/

Should we ever get so far that we can use the constant power of tide to make electricity proton batteries would be a perfect way to make both batteries and fuel (H2) at the same time. But as long as our politicians are more interested in having continuous economic growth than taking care of the planet so we can leave it in almost OK state to our children that is hardly going to happen.

On 8/5/2023 at 7:15 PM, RX400h said:

I think solid state batteries are a step in the right direction. Supposedly, Toyota is making progress.

Which materials are the solid-state batteries made of? Something that is available without limits? Will they last longer than Li-Ion batteries? The biggest problem with the big batteries is that they are difficult end energy hungry to get the minerals out of when no longer delivering well because they are glued so good together in order to survive the rough life in a car that is not always driving on smooth surface. Potholes do exist.

You must know something I do not: Solid-state battery - Wikipedia