Rear eccentric bolt seized? Should I care?

I took my Lexus RX350 2008 for wheel alignment, since the car was pulling to the left, which the alignment fixed. The shop said "rear adjustment left side eccentric bolt is seized" and told me it needs to be replaced. If I understand correctly (which I may not), since my car is not a truck, there is no "adjustment" in the rear, so I shouldn't care if the bolt is seized, right? There is nothing to "adjust" in the rear, and it's not like the bolt is going to break, so why should I care?
By the way, the shop didn't give me a printout of my alignment (which is a negative reflection of them), nor was I wise enough to ask for one.

Eccentric bolts are made to allow for alignment adjustments. If your tire was wearing unevenly, then you should have the bolt replaced. If the alignment is good, then you could hold off on having the bolt replaced.

If it's due to corrosion then the link or bushing it's mounted in could be corroding too, might cut toward replacing it sooner than later.  In the meantime soaking it with penetrant every couple of days for a couple weeks couldn't hurt anything. 

The shop should be able to email you that alignment sheet.

Edited by lucky guy

Thank you all. 

I've since learnt that toe adjustment is possible on the rear wheels, so indeed there are adjustment bolts there.

Good point about the corrosion potentially spreading to other components!
I've ordered some penetrant. When I jack up the car to change diff oil soon, I'll try find the exact bolt they're talking about so I can more clearly describe to Lexus what bolt I need as they didn't seem to understand "rear left eccentric bolt".

• Like 1