Remote Starter

kimber33

I remember seeing some information on here for the remote starter for the 2000 RX300. Did we ever get a final answer, are they available and if so where and how much.

it can be done but requires the chip from one of the keys to be removed and mounted under the dash to bypass the ignition. if you have any warranty left on your car i would beware. most lexus dealers will frown upon this and if there is electrical/igniton/ battery problems etc. they will void warranty.

Thanks, for the tip.....................because that exactly what happened to me when I had a remote start put on my Land Rover............Major ignition problems.........it was $900 later before they identified the remote starter.

Let me guess you had a problem with the engine bogging or not having power all the time especially when you hit the gas hard? All because a of a bad tach signal wire either on the coil packs or injector box.

It is a common problem with bad or inexperianced installers.

Get a good shop ( look outside of them for more than 5 $40 000 and up cars ,if so tehn they should be able to handle the job.

you guessed correctly............it was a bad wire on the engine coil..................so now I am a little afraid. I lucked out last time, because I played hard ball the installing company and in the end they reimbursed me for cost of going to the dealer. I may not be so lucky next time.