Engine Gel Problem

tomb57

One of the features in the Caddy is the OBD that is accessed thru the AC controls you turn on the ignition but don't start car and then hold the off button and the warmer button at the same time and it will go into diagnostics mode on the display. You check all trouble codes as well as trouble shoot many items. Like you can turn off the fuel injectors 1 at a time and check for a clooged injector by how the engine idles, lots of other neat things you can do also. All cars should have this built in.

Anybody know why the drain intervals are so low in the US? In the UK all Toyota/Lexus have drain intervals of 10,000 miles and most of the german cars now go 20,000 miles.

Are you 100% sure? I'd be willing to bet the Toyota/Lexus UK owners manuals actually say to change oil every 10,000 KILOMETERS (not miles).

Yes I am 100% sure. In the UK we still use miles not Km.

Service intervals went to 9,000miles in 1994 then 10,000 in 1999 for all Toyotas and Lexus models.

My boss has an Audi A3 1.8 Turbo and that has variable service, basically when the service light comes on, and in the 3.5 years he has had it, it has only been serviced 4 or 5 times and it has now done 114,000 miles.

Having beed educated on the engine gel issue on the ES....to be honest, it kind of makes me nervous to go very much more than that......as I do mostly sity driving since I've moved & worry about the stop & go driving I do. Lexus Canada says you can go 6 months or 8,000 KMS (roughly 5,000 miles) for severe duty service intervals......although Lexus has 'revised' their transmission fluid changes to shorter times & less miles than before so I change my oil at least 3 times every year, 4 if I drive to Florida & back. B)

:cheers:

Yes I am 100% sure. In the UK we still use miles not Km.

Service intervals went to 9,000miles in 1994 then 10,000 in 1999 for all Toyotas and Lexus models.

My boss has an Audi A3 1.8 Turbo and that has variable service, basically when the service light comes on, and in the 3.5 years he has had it, it has only been serviced 4 or 5 times and it has now done 114,000 miles.

Maybe it has something to do with driving on the wrong side of the road. :lol::lol::cheers: