Compare Porsche Cayenne With Lx

Aykhan

Any particular reason? I don't drive my LX off-road.

How about GX470 VS Cayenne?

If you're going to take it off-road, don't get the Cayenne.  If you're keeping it on pavement, get the Cayenne -- and the extended warranty.

I agree with DougJohn~

If you're going to take it off-road, don't get the Cayenne. If you're keeping it on pavement, get the Cayenne -- and the extended warranty.

My Brother own Cayenne-S , I drove it , Im impress very quick acceleration, also quick response on the turns. The Turbo Cayenne even faster but i dont need to go fast on SUV , plus with $100K its not worth it.

I think they been tested all the SUV out there , the VW Touraqe and the Cayenne will not be able to do Off-Roads. I think was on CBS Channel Shame On you , correct me if im wrong.

The Cayenne and Toureg are not as capable off-road as the LX. Plain and simple. If you consider off-road to be simply something unpaved, well -- it wouldn't matter which one you get. If off-road to you means something that requires shifting into 4low (as I do), then the Porsche is not going to handle it -- well, not without some major damage. And no, I'm not talking about rock crawling. Just basic off-road trails requiring low gears.

Regardless of what their marketing people claim or want the general public to think, it's just not happening.

The LX, whether you plan to or not -- is able to tackle pretty much anything thrown at it.

LVC - you said that you planned on getting one for your wife -- cool. I don't know her, obviously, but I'm going to guess that she's not the type to take the Cayenne on any trails...especially since you're not taking your 470 anywhere off pavement. Get on for her. I'm sure she'd enjoy it...just to be on the safe side though...get the extended warranty :)

The Cayenne and Toureg are not as capable off-road as the LX.  Plain and simple.  If you consider off-road to be simply something unpaved, well -- it wouldn't matter which one you get.  If off-road to you means something that requires shifting into 4low (as I do), then the Porsche is not going to handle it -- well, not without some major damage.  And no, I'm not talking about rock crawling.  Just basic off-road trails requiring low gears.

Regardless of what their marketing people claim or want the general public to think, it's just not happening.

The LX, whether you plan to or not -- is able to tackle pretty much anything thrown at it. 

LVC - you said that you planned on getting one for your wife -- cool.  I don't know her, obviously, but I'm going to guess that she's not the type to take the Cayenne on any trails...especially since you're not taking your 470 anywhere off pavement.  Get on for her.  I'm sure she'd enjoy it...just to be on the safe side though...get the extended warranty :)

The LX is the most capable SUV or one of the best off-road. But we all know that rarely happens here. THe Cayenne is not bad off-road, surprisingly. The smaller the tires the better. THe 20s really hurt any off-road capability.

The Canyenne's reliablity has been horrendous, as the Tourag. Utterly pathetic for such expensive SUVs. The Canyenne is the SPORT to the LXs LUX. These 2 are on total opposite ends here.

i thought generally, you are better off by not buying extended warranty.

i never bought extended warranty for my 3 Lexus vehicles.

if i buy her Cayenne, i am planning to buy basic model. is it still a good suv?

The Cayenne and Toureg are not as capable off-road as the LX.  Plain and simple.  If you consider off-road to be simply something unpaved, well -- it wouldn't matter which one you get.  If off-road to you means something that requires shifting into 4low (as I do), then the Porsche is not going to handle it -- well, not without some major damage.  And no, I'm not talking about rock crawling.  Just basic off-road trails requiring low gears.

LVC - you said that you planned on getting one for your wife -- cool.  I don't know her, obviously, but I'm going to guess that she's not the type to take the Cayenne on any trails...especially since you're not taking your 470 anywhere off pavement.  Get on for her.  I'm sure she'd enjoy it...just to be on the safe side though...get the extended warranty :)

i thought generally, you are better off by not buying extended warranty.

i never bought extended warranty for my 3 Lexus vehicles.

if i buy her Cayenne, i am planning to buy basic model. is it still a good suv?

[

Yes, generally you are better off not getting the warranty. However, with the Cayenne's history, I'd pick one up if I was purchasing one.

The basic model should be sufficient for most. Unless she really needs to move SUPER FAST in a tall Porsche...

Why some of you is telling about "Sport against Luxury". I can't tell that Cayenne is not Luxury. Inside it has everything LX has, external design is not worse if not to tell that better. Isn't ?

Moreover, despite we own Lexus, the name Porsche is higher than young Lexus.

I don't recommend buying basic V6 model of Cayenne, it's acceleration will be more or less same as of LX. You can buy for your wife Cayenne-S ( Turbo S is expensive) with acc. around 7 sec.

Did anybody from LX owners drive Cayenne ? How do you compare with LX ?

I can compare a LC and a Cayenne having driven both in the city/country roads. The Cayenne drives like a car (a sport car!). It is fast and feels very solid. It is pretty luxurious to me. It does NOt have a third row of seats and is smaller than the LC/LX. The ride is stiffer.

The newer LC/LX drive more like a car (MY2004). A MY2000 LC that I used to own felt like a boat with lots of body roll. The Lc?LX do NOT drive like a sports car.

I cannot tell you about the off-road capabilities of the Cayenne. The LC/LX is a world-renown SUV with tested off-road capabilities.

I would highly recommend the extended warraty for the Cayenne if you plan to keep it longer than 4 years.

Good advice! I have a Porsche (1982 - 928) and a 1999 LX 470. I use each according to the trip I plan to take :-)!

Variables are weather , terrain and what I have to tow :-?

OFF ROAD is for the LX. Going fast is for the Porsche.

No dis-respect to either type of vehicle ... they are both made according to different standards :cheers: :D !